Jambands.ca

Douglas Check out this Festival

Freeker

There will also be a $100 prize for the "Best Dressed Cooter".

So Cooter Fans get your Cooters...Dress them up...and bring them to the Carolina "Cooter" Race, Saturday April 2, 2005.

"Cooter" Handler Rules

Once race begins Cooter handlers may not touch their Cooter. Pushing, pulling or rubbing one's Cooter will be grounds for disqualification.

No foreign substances such as grease or oil can be placed on one's Cooter to increase its speed.

Cooter handlers found mishandling or mistreating their Cooters will automatically be disqualified.

Pricing

Small thru X Large - $15.00

XX Large - $16.00

XXX Large - $17.00

XXXX Large thru XXXXX Large - $18.00

Price includes US Priority Mail Shipping

Order is processed through a secure server!

What the heck is XXXX Large thru XXXXX Large - $18.00 !?!?!?!??!

That some Big Cooter!

:o

xxrotflmao.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The very first Carolina "Cooter" race featured the worlds smalllest ''Cooter" which weighed in at 4 grams, while the "Largest Cooter" tipped the scales at 25 pounds. There was even a prize given for the "Best Dressed Cooter

lol2.gifmhihi.giflol2.gif

I'm laughing my face off here!!!! And I can't tell my bosses why!!!!

• Once race begins Cooter handlers may not touch their Cooter. Pushing, pulling or rubbing one's Cooter will be grounds for disqualification.
  • No drugged Cooters will be allowed to compete. If the judges suspect a Cooter has been drugged and the Cooter Veterianarian verifies, the parties responsible will be fined, or better yet, sentenced to clean up the Cooter Race Track Area after the Race.
  • No foreign substances such as grease or oil can be placed on one's Cooter to increase its speed.
  • Shouting, yelling, and coaxing one's Cooter during the race is encouraged.
  • Cooter handlers are required to provide a safe environment for their Cooters before and after the race.
  • The Cooter Committee will provide a Cooter holding tank for those Cooter handlers unable to return their Cooters to their natural habitat after the race.
  • Cooter handlers found mishandling or mistreating their Cooters will automatically be disqualified.
  • Any violations to the Cooter Race Rules will force the Cooter judges to disqualify the Cooter Handler from the Race Competition.
  • Decisions of Cooter judges are final and there are no appeals.

Okay, I'll bite. What's a cooter?

From http://www.cooterfest.com/main.htm

Before You yankees (folks who live above Columbia, South Carolina) get offended by our southern humor, a "COOTER" is what you folks call a turtle. In South Carolina we not only watch 'em on logs, we also catch 'em, race 'em, and sometimes if they are slow we eat 'em.

so your "I'll bite" comment may be appropriate...

Aloha,

Brad

TENTATIVE 2005 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

March 2005 Miss Spring Fest Pageant

last years winner

Dale

redneck.jpg

March 30, 2005 Community Bingo

Bingo3.JPG

March 31, 2005 Community Fish Fry

Fish%20Fry9.JPG

April 1, 2005 Booths Open

7: 00pm Street Dances

barn%20dance3.jpg

April 2, 2005 Booths Open 9a.m.

Parade 10 a.m.

Pride50.sized.jpg

Cooter Registration 12:30 Cooter Bowl

Cooter Race 2pm Cooter Bowl

cooter-club.jpg

3:00 Gospel Music Extravaganza South Stage

tn_Alex-Banjo-Extravaganza-at-Povlitskis.jpg

race off for the grand title of "World's Fastest Cooter" and $1000 in prize money. A trophy and $100 prize will be awarded to each division winner. There will also be a $100 prize for the "Best Dressed Cooter".

For more information contact the Carolina Cooter Race Committee at (803) 584-3412.