Jambands.ca

Eggs.

AdamH

Poached is great but I'm still an overeasy fan. Stoneface Dolly's makes a good poach. Most places fcuk it right up.

One day last summer I made my vegetarian girlfriend a sausage and cauliflower omelette. Our insides hurt alot from that horrible combination.

yes, egg salad and deviled eggs are quite delicious, and make me think of picnic's past...

but when it comes to breaky, we're definately goin' over easy. there's just something about dippin' the rest of whats on your plate in some liquid chicken that gets my motor runnin'...

Guest Low Roller

I love a good spicy omlette sometimes...

Start by frying up some portabello mushrooms and red onions in a frying pan. Then in a dish mix three eggs, fresh coriander, oregano, green peppers, banana peppers, a dash of mustard powder, and salt. Mix it good and pour it into the frying pan, smothering the mushrooms and onions. Cook on medium low for a while. When the omlette is half cooked/ half runny egg, you put some cheese on one half of it (preferable havarti), and some slices of skinned tomatoes. Then you fold the omlette in half and cook until it's ready. Flip once- CAREFULLY.

Mmmmm..... sooooo good......

On a trip down to Albany way (maybe The Other Ones in 2002), Phishhead5000, LJFH, FreekerByTheSpeaker and I had breakfast at a diner in Rockport, ON; we had gone to Phishhead5000's place the night before as a mid-way stop to split the journey.

LJFH ordered a cheese omelet. When it came, we noticed two things about it: first the cheese was bright organge; second, you could see the corner of the cheese...yes, the diner's version of a "cheese omelet" involved essentially making scrambled eggs without scrambling them, then putting a slice of Kraft's best (well, I hope it was Kraft...no-name sliced cheese? ack) over the eggs, and flipping half of it over...

Needless to say, the omelet remained in an unfinished state.

Aloha,

Brad

Aside from my lifelong journey to find the worlds greatest omelette, I have a problem with eggs. This is how I order them:

"Fried eggs over hard. Break the yolks and I want them brown and crispy. Tell the cook to cook the eggs longer than he would ever expect anybody to eat it, and at that point he is half done. And I'm not kidding."

Then they bring me runny eggs. I've gotten them the way I want them in a restaurant once. Well, twice. One time the cook let me cook them myself.