Jambands.ca

Toast.

MarcO

You beat me to it by this much, LMP. I remember hearing that on CFNY once in a while, back in the day (anybody else remember Pete and Geets?).

Aloha,

Brad

(sigh) CFNY - when Alternative music really WAS the alternative.

Thanks for posting that song BradM... hehe.... i'm listening to it now. Can you believe that's Paul Young?

"cuz there's so much to choose from!

there's brown bread, white bread, all sorts of whole new bread

It comes in funny packages with writing on the side"

(sigh) CFNY - when Alternative music really WAS the alternative.

Yeah, they used to get new British stuff easily 6 months before everybody else. I think they were in that too-small-to-worry-about-being-thought-of-as-weird zone.

Thanks for posting that song BradM... hehe.... i'm listening to it now. Can you believe that's Paul Young?

I actually didn't know it was Paul Young, until after Googling for it. (So, this thread has at least raised my education level, albeit in a tiny way...)

"cuz there's so much to choose from!

there's brown bread, white bread, all sorts of whole new bread

It comes in funny packages with writing on the side"

Minor nit: I believe the line is

there's brown bread, white bread, all sorts of whole meal bread

Now if I could just find "The Intro/Outro Song"...

Aloha,

Brad

I actually didn't know it was Paul Young, until after Googling for it. (So, this thread has at least raised my education level, albeit in a tiny way...)

I got this info from Allan Cross when I was trying to order the LP back in my 80's DJ'ing days.

And just a side note - for any of you who have heard Alan on the radio, this guy is pure gold. Not only does he have a HUGE head of music knowledge, he's also a very cool guy. When I mentioned I was looking for the Almanac he wrote back in the 90's, he told me they were no longer in print nor on the shelves at any stores... BUT he had an extra copy in his basement he could send me... free of charge. It showed up in my mailbox 4 days later with a nice little greeting from him signed on the first page.

Minor nit: I believe the line is: there's brown bread, white bread, all sorts of whole meal bread

ah yes... that makes more sense. This is what happens when you memorize lyrics when you're a kid!