Jambands.ca

Gentlemonkey is a sitter!!!

AD

i like to sit when i pee. who wants to stand around all day? my legs gets tired, and frankly, i could use that energy elsewhere. like in the sack. and it's a guarantee that you'll never miss. besides, i read somewhere that Winston Churchill was a sitter... if its good enough for him, why not me?

gentlemonkey, if this in reference to your peeing habits, i applaud you. seriously.

I sit when i pee and i like touching my toes when i poo. ::

me and moeron were invited to sit with some friends that had a couple extra chairs at bluesfest.. so i got to see a few shows from 'the other side' last night. interesting perspective. AD kept me real by offering dissaproving glances, I appreciate that.

as per moment of fame- Before Kathleen Edwards the camera guy was filming people in the vacinity of the stage and showing it on the big screens on the side of stage. he lingered on moeron and I for a little too long so we gave the camera a little tongue action to scare him off.. it was funny.

good night of music though. I thought King Sunshine was fun for disco, but I really enjoyed the Gram Parsons tribute (wow that band was good) and Alpha Yaya Diallo was ridiculous.

I thought King Sunshine was fun for disco

Understatement of the week. They got people to start dancing seconds into their set. And I wasn't the first one up! Will wonders never cease.

Of course, I joined rather quickly, and had fun in the drum solos, but the whole front area was packed with dancers. Yay Ottawa!

Please lord, dancingfool tell me you were the white guy with curly afro hair and blue pants who was going mental stage left! I was working backstage hospitality and you (or some guy) was going nuts up there.

And GM, thanks for saying hi you big prick. Obviously this relationship is going to take some work on your part.

Always look for the hat, or hats.

another connection has been made!!!

hey ahess, i thought it was you, but wasnt sure enough to approach. You were in the artist trailor area, I didn't want to invade the 'safety zone'. i was in a backstage pass area watching without the required pass, i thought it might be better not to get you into trouble with one of the mega pass alpha-bluesmales. i was also feeling the slight paranoia that marijuana sometimes provides. so yeah sorry, hi, next time you say hi first. :)

is that a new mesh-tech you were sporting? You looked very authoritative. the walkie talkie didnt hurt things either.

ahess: I think I know who you're talking about with Big Afro Hair, and it wasn't me - my hair's rather short these days. Tall lanky guy with spindly arms and pointy elbows on right, not left of stage. I started at the edge but the horns were rather loud right in front of the speakers...

The previous act had me warmed up, but that still wasn't throwing down. Nero + Drums & Tuba, that's me throwing down. ::

GM - I didn't even see you. Marijuana paranoia...are you 14 years old again? We've all conquered that sh!t have we not? :) And for next year's bluesfest you should know that, main stage excluded, you won't have too much trouble from me to come backstage and watch from there when it's busy.

Dancingfool, you are who I think you are. This thread has died but trust that your dancing was keeping me awake at the end of a 12 hour shift.