Jambands.ca

gate crashing at phish?

Jared

Anyone who cuts off a wristband is an f*%king a$# hole and has no soul or morals whatsoever.

didn't you get your "Welcome To Phish Tour Manual"? I totally agree with you but after seeing kids break into people's cars to loot sh!t, rob people in the lot, sell fake drugs ect. is cutting a wristband off someone's wrist THAT unimaginable???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also another way around that is to find someone passed out and cut off their wristband.

I hope you are joking. If I saw someone trying that, I would first yell and point out what you are doing and then lead the angry mob who paid for their ticket in dragging you into a overflowing porta-potty and tip it over door side down!

Some of you kids are WAY TOO SERIOUS.

And just for the record. All the bands we see "don't want anyone to show up without tickets"

Thats because they've always done so well on pre-sales. And to reinforce this they all regularly practice letting people in free to shows, and having security etc. miracle people outside. So that no one gets the wrong idea.

The standard lines are PR/Legal stuff. If people didn't go to phish shows without tickets they never would have made it past 1997. sh!t.

Ticketschmicket.

Some of you kids are WAY TOO SERIOUS.

And just for the record. All the bands we see "don't want anyone to show up without tickets"

Thats because they've always done so well on pre-sales. And to reinforce this they all regularly practice letting people in free to shows, and having security etc. miracle people outside. So that no one gets the wrong idea.

The standard lines are PR/Legal stuff. If people didn't go to phish shows without tickets they never would have made it past 1997. sh!t.

Ticketschmicket.

ya ok Mo, I was just saying buy a ticket, don't gate crash, which I think most everyone was saying. there is nothing wrong with going there hoping to buy someones extra or whatever, I just dont think you need to break down the fence if you cant find a ticket. There are also people who go to shows with no intention of paying for a ticket, which I think sucks.

"Some of you kids are WAY TOO SERIOUS."

You cant be serious.

That may be the stupidest point I have ever read on this site. Especially that "not making it past '97" bullshit.

Why do you think they (and the Dead for that matter) ask their fans not to show up without tickets, and have been for years?

PR?

Holy fu©king Red Rocks '96 yo!

Death Tour 95?

That doesnt even scratch the surface as to why people should show up without tickets.............

HA HA HA HA. I was at Red Rocks '96. Got in from a miracle from the band. The riot there had nothing to do with not getting in to see phish. It was Red Rocks not letting the ticketless into the lot, which meant they were stuck in Morrison.

And yes, the "don't come without tickets" is PR and saving their ass for the most part. Or its just a 2 headed monster with different views a different times.

And if no one went without tickets they wouldn't have made it that long. I mean think about it:

a) people buy extras to trade, and then kick'em down. They wouldn't do that if no one was ticketless = less ticket sales

B) up until '97 you didn't have to buy them in advance. Christ, I never bought a phish ticket through PTBM or TM til 1998 myself and I saw over a 100 shows buy then.

[before you all Flame me, I always bought the first ticket I saw for face or less and left the freebies for those in need] Its a hippy scene. Forthought isn't the answer. Sure, maybe it is up here where we get a concert once a month instead of 3 a week, but come on. You think the $$brains behind Phish was hoping no one would come without tickets to Deer Creek and Alpine?

The smart money is on it being a close to free show. They'll let the kids in.

And if no one went without tickets they wouldn't have made it that long. I mean think about it:

a) people buy extras to trade, and then kick'em down. They wouldn't do that if no one was ticketless = less ticket sales

B) up until '97 you didn't have to buy them in advance. Christ, I never bought a phish ticket through PTBM or TM til 1998 myself and I saw over a 100 shows buy then.

[before you all Flame me, I always bought the first ticket I saw for face or less and left the freebies for those in need] Its a hippy scene. Forthought isn't the answer. Sure, maybe it is up here where we get a concert once a month instead of 3 a week, but come on. You think the $$brains behind Phish was hoping no one would come without tickets to Deer Creek and Alpine?

The smart money is on it being a close to free show. They'll let the kids in.

Sounds about right to me...

if you're on tour, you're on tour... I'd say the warnings are mostly to keep the curious and the occasionals away who've heard you can just walk around outside the show and get a free or near to free ticket... and for legal purposes... by sunday things will probably be pretty relaxed... its all well and fine to say I bought a ticket, screw you if you didn't... but people getting miracled and phriendly security were part of what won me over to the Dead scene and the scenes that have spawned from it

would Woodstock have been as historic if only the 186,000 people who had tickets showed up? the sense of community and acceptence that came from those half million people being stuck in that situation and making more than due are basically what evolved into the lifestyle many of us have come to hope for and have enjoyed in various forms

I agree that under no circumstances should thousands of people rush a fence, thats totally stupid and immature... more the actions you'd expect at a hardcore punk show or a soccer riot... but if some young hearts want to roll their dice and take the chance I won't knock them... even if you ended up stuck in camp it'd be a hell of a party amongst a hell of a crowd... gotta dream sometimes

personally I'll be saving my nickels for Evolve and Labour Day Come Together

if you're on tour, you're on tour... I'd say the warnings are mostly to keep the curious and the occasionals away who've heard you can just walk around outside the show and get a free or near to free ticket... and for legal purposes... by sunday things will probably be pretty relaxed... its all well and fine to say I bought a ticket, screw you if you didn't... but people getting miracled and phriendly security were part of what won me over to the Dead scene and the scenes that have spawned from it

would Woodstock have been as historic if only the 186,000 people who had tickets showed up? the sense of community and acceptence that came from those half million people being stuck in that situation and making more than due are basically what evolved into the lifestyle many of us have come to hope for and have enjoyed in various forms

I agree that under no circumstances should thousands of people rush a fence, thats totally stupid and immature... more the actions you'd expect at a hardcore punk show or a soccer riot... but if some young hearts want to roll their dice and take the chance I won't knock them... even if you ended up stuck in camp it'd be a hell of a party amongst a hell of a crowd... gotta dream sometimes

personally I'll be saving my nickels for Evolve and Labour Day Come Together

AMEN!

From the phish.com Coventry web site:

Remember the old saying, "If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.."? In the case of the various camping schemes being offered by local land owners in the vicinity of the Coventry concert site, we hope you will keep this saying in mind. None of these folks are in any way officially sanctioned and in fact we are making every effort to stop or limit the scope of their activities. If we're successful in stopping certain land owners, you may find it very difficult to obtain a refund and you may not even be notified about the closure. Purchasing entry to any of these camping offerings will likely buy you nothing but frustration - you certainly won't get any closer to experiencing the show. Please do yourself and us a favor and don't patronize these operations.