Jambands.ca

DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS IN TORONTO SEPT. 11

NewRider

what a brilliant booking ;)

AGP was booked months ago. How did the shoe folk not know about a big(ish) jamband playing two doors down on the same night? I guess it's a different style of music, but that's spreading the audience around when it doesn't need to be.

I think I might be making a trip to Toronto on 9/11. I've seen the Drive-By Truckers at Farm Aid in 2002 and part of their set at bonnaroo in 2003.

I really want to see them perform "Ronnie And Neil" (on "Southern Rock Opera" 2002 Lost Highway Records) a song about how Ronnie Van Zandt and Neil Young were actually friends, which was true. I thought I would see the Truckers perform the tune while they shared a stage with Neil at Farm Aid, but they didn't. I didn't catch it at bonnaroo either.

Gosh I love acts on Lost Highway Records, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, The Jayhawks, Lucinda Williams, Ryan Adams and the Drive-By Truckers just to name a few.

Gosh I love acts on Lost Highway Records, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, The Jayhawks, Lucinda Williams, Ryan Adams and the Drive-By Truckers just to name a few.

I like those acts too, minus the derivitive Ryan " Don't You Dare Call Me Bryan " Adams. That is one good label. My favourite record label is Fat Possum. There ain't no bad blues bands on that label.