Jambands.ca

i found a place to live

mikey d

finally after a few months of searching a few friends and i have found a 4 bedroom house in peterborouigh's east city. im quite excited to be getting out of my parents house and developing a little responsibility (¿). anybody have any hints of what i should check for before finalizing?

one thing i always check out at a new place is water pressure in the shower... not that there's much you can do about it, but it's often a deciding factor for me in renting a place. also the burners on the stove, the elements in the oven... just turn em on and make sure they're puttin out some heat. if there is any significant damage in the house bring it up before or shortly after you move in so you don't get charged for repairs when you move out. otherwise, just make sure you read through the lease/rental agreement thoroughly and don't be shy to ask the landlady/lord about the meaning of anything that seems unclear. oh, and get a receipt for your last months rent.

party at mikey d's!!!!

when will you be moving?

if all works out, im moving in sept. 1st.

its right near the corner of hunter and rogers in east city, right near the old st. joes hospital. its a really beautiful house, and as the only smoker i will be getting the room with the balcony off of it most likely. there willd efinately be a big house warming party most likely on the 3rd.

my main problem now is finding a job, i really have no way to pay rent. my roomates have offerred to pay for me until i can afford it as they would be paying for the 4th room regardless, but the landlord needs a work reference from each of us prior to moving in and i have none (aside from some anrgy past employers), so im not quite sure what to do.