Jambands.ca

Phish - the final setlist -

Esau

so i guess people should just praise phish and their organization for the wonderful experience they just got at conventry.

give your fu©king head a shake. people were just ripped off and screwed over by the very band they supported for years. they have every right to be pissed off and vent any way they feel fit. including slagging the band, the promoters and any other person associated with this concert.

i've said it before and i'll say it again .."phish suck"

i guess the band can dry all their tears with all the money they made this weekend from their phans.

hope to see you all the the next last phish show!

Not saying that totally man,but its not really the bands fault the weather was the way it was,that the promoters/production compay (who knew about the weather) didn't prepare better for the weather,knowing a hurricane was approaching.

Money will be lost at this without a doubt,for both the band,who will definatley try to make it up to some folks best they can with refunds etc.The promoters will take a huge hit and in turn resort to demands on the band.

If you are saying that Phish had somthing to do with the weather then it is you who should give your head a shake bro.Fact is fact,the band pays people to take care and make preperations for this type of sh!t,its not thier fault that it wasn't properly looked after.

Also,VT State Police were stopping it altogether and Phish was able to eventually persuade them (even though it was a state of emergency) to allow the fest to go on,but sadly by the time that occured alot of people had turned back and headed home.Thats harsh for those folks,but its not the bands fault,they had zero control over that at the beginning.

Any class actions should be taken against whoever allowed it to continue,after it was declared a state of emergency,which is the State of Vermont and the production compnay.

At least how I see it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's an interesting quote that relay my thoughts as well.

the real fans abandoned their cars and walked thirty miles to the show. the party-goers, and the ones talking about lawsuits, are the ones who turned around immediately, and are the reason phish is breaking up. fish said that the people walking that far to get in was "the biggest compliment". i think you are all douchebags, douchebags who need to throw pity parties online because you were too lazy to get out of your car and hike to something epic.

douchebags.

"If you are saying that Phish had somthing to do with the weather then it is you who should give your head a shake bro.Fact is fact,the band pays people to take care and make preperations for this type of sh!t,its not thier fault that it wasn't properly looked after.""

yes it is

hey i know phish is god and they do control the weather.

fact is like you said they knew bad weather was coming.. dont hire a company to do a job you know cant be done. dont wait till the rain starts to start trucking supplies in to save the concert and parking lots(this stuff should have been on sight in case of rain, not brought in at the last minute to make it look like they tried their best for the phans).

trust me the band made money.

only thing i dont like is what fish said.

i know a lot of hardcore phans that waited in line for 30 plus hours, but instead of doing what they wanted to do, they followed the words of phish and the cops.

they DIDN"T leave their car on the highway. they LEFT like they were TOLD.

THEN, fish says what he did. Very Rude imho. Either way....this fest will leave a sour taste in a lot of phans mouthes, fans that deserved something A LOT better...

You know it was interesting for me this weekend because while I was tuned into what was going on I was quite happy to read my Sylvia Plath poetry, do some writing, listen to the Slip and ponder their output (that band does something for me that Phish never did). I guess it just reminded me of how much time and money we have invested in this band over the years. I'm sure some of us could be maestros or astronauts (not just psychonauts) if we had put as much time into personal development as we have this band. Just a thought.

Death and Co.

Sylvia Plath

Two, of course there are two.

It seems perfectly natural now——

The one who never looks up, whose eyes are lidded

And balled? like Blake's.

Who exhibits

The birthmarks that are his trademark——

The scald scar of water,

The nude

Verdigris of the condor.

I am red meat. His beak

Claps sidewise: I am not his yet.

He tells me how badly I photograph.

He tells me how sweet

The babies look in their hospital

Icebox, a simple

Frill at the neck

Then the flutings of their Ionian

Death-gowns.

Then two little feet.

He does not smile or smoke.

The other does that

His hair long and plausive

Bastard

Masturbating a glitter

He wants to be loved.

I do not stir.

The frost makes a flower,

The dew makes a star,

The dead bell,

The dead bell.

Somebody's done for.

dont hire a company to do a job you know cant be done

I think its more,don't take a job you know you can't handle or claim you can.

As for bringing in things last minute,I highly doubt that was the case.That sh!t was on hand,except they didn't know the fields were as bad until traffic was on it.Thats bad luck.

In VT they recieved an extremely higher amount of rain then they ever get the week before and up to the festival,this should have been brought to the bands attention prior to the week of the show let alone the day before.

Since neither of us really know or can claim 100% we know if money was made or was lost or will be lost,theres not much point on argueing that issue.

I'm not stating that the band is innocent here but,they weren't the ones who decided initially to turn folks away and they were not completely aware of the conditions on site.

The ball was dropped right there...improper or no communication between the prodcution/labor crews/band.

I dunno Tube. Phish certainly didn't make the announcement under their own control.

They were made to make the announcement by the local authorities. So, I think Fishman was pretty dead on when he acknowledged those that said "fu©k THAT" and hiked in.

That IS a compliment, and they deserved to be recognized for being there.

i guess...

i still dont like it. it REALLY rubs it in the face of those who followed the respects of Bunny Radio, which is supposed to Echo PHISH'S Sentimants.

The single fan i know, probably the biggest phish fan i've ever met, who has seen over 200 shows (so he obviously is waaaay past the leaving the vehicle at the side of the road and WALK IN stage of life) said it best, and simpliest.

"I followed the wishes of the band, and what i got in return, was NOTHING."

From my lawyer (not dumbass lot wookie) Friend of mine...

It's not even so bad for me, it was fairly easy for me to get back home, listen to much of the first night on the computer and see most of the second in a movie theater, but people who came from across the country, people who planned their whole schedule around Coventry for the past week or whatever, I just can't imagine it. And what can Phish do to *make up for* anything? It's a tragedy the way this thing went down, but I'm glad I got to share in it even in the half-ass way that was left available to me.

Rest in peace...

or another fan with his head on his shoulders:

antelope82 wrote:

1. 38 hours of traffic/Sleep deprivation.

2. The Bunny, (and State Police) who told us not to walk, not to park on 91, not to use side roads because they were blocked off, the only way in was 91.

3. The Bunny, who all weekend told us to stay in the right lane don't jump in the left lane (which we contemplated many times, but the statey's were pulling people out and sending them all the way back), also told us just to sit tight, be patient, everyone would get in.

4. A 15 mile walk to potentially get turned around at the gate didn't sound very appealing.

5. Especially knowing that if we got in, we'd have nowhere to set up anything, wading through knee-deep mud, and being miserable for the whole weekend.

6. State Police and Gordon telling us not to come in.

7. Potentially not having a car to return to.

We were back about 20 miles back on 91 when he announcement was made. No one knew what to do. When people started ditching their cars, a guy came on the bunny and said "do not walk in, you will not be allowed in". If we knew this was a lie and if we knew cars wouldn't be towed or anything then we probably would have walked in. But even so, it would have been a miserable weekend seeing them without most of the food and clothes we brought.

Yes, I regret missing the final 2 shows. But no, I do not regret turning around knowing what I knew at the time.

My last show was Camden and I saw my favorite song YEM segue into two of my top ten favorite songs Ghost and Maze. I saw my favorite band 16 times, and while thats nothing compared to a lot of people on here, I consider myself lucky. Thank you Phish for Nassau, Burgettstown, and SPAC. Shows that gave me a glimpse of how powerful this band could be when it all came together. <Insert post hiatus bashing here>

Glad everyone that didn't make it in is home safely.

True Steve, its to echo the bands sentimants,but if the state police had made the announcement there probally (I'm guessing) been alot of bullshit.But knowing that people would listen to the band and at which time it was out of their hands at first anyway,I imagine they were told thats how its going to be so they followed the wishes of the police and made the announcement.After which they were able to persuade the police to allow it to continue.

Still sucks for the people who were turned away and actually went home only to hear later they could have gotten in afterall.

I just don't feel its completley Phish's fault on this.

well, I had a ticket, and for some personal reasons I ended up giving it up to Yo (whom I can't wait to hear from)and I have to say, that I would be really disappointed if that is truly the last Phish show... (maybe I am thinking a little of myself, since I would love another opportunity to see them) Here is a band that has had thousands of people fall in love with their music, these fans have made incredible sacrifices over the twenty or so years in order to support the music they love. Many of the fans that were turned away deserve a better fate. I hope that Phish think about how fortunate they are to have such a wonderful loyal following and provide an opportunity to those that were turned away to say good-bye to their heroes.

Loventry

Guys, it was an amazing journey....................

I cant get into it right now, trust me. You had to deal with some SERIOUS obstacles to make it for that one (try being 12 miles away!). We did it, made it back in one piece.

As for the third set, it felt weird. Our crew felt like they had planned more, but left it early. They couldnt deal with it emotionally. They were dealing with far more than any of us could possibly imagine. Hopefully, people can see through it and give them a break. Fast Enough For You was gorgeous, but the set was far from great. The Curtain was horribly butchered. The vibe in there was weird. It was as if everyone was trying too hard to soak it in, and then it just ended.

Aside from that, the first 2 sets were some of the best sets I have ever experienced. We were flying and crying.

Literally.

Coventry was my first phish concert and my last concert phish concert. I had such a great time..even though i had a 3 mile walk from a town outside..had nothing but a tent. I had a great time and enjoyed the music phish made. Last night they were all very emotional and ended earlier than i think they anticipated. However, it was a great weekend and am very thankfull phish put on the concert they did.

Lets be honest here folks. They didn't lose penny number 1. They made a mint, and the show went on because of all the money in live to air simulcasts... well over the amount that was sold in tickets for damn sure.

The way they treated everyone is beyond comprehension. To cancel the show for half the people but not the other half. Purely a financial decision to save what they could. Thats it, plain and simple.

If I had just invested mass dough on something like that and been treated that way, class action no problem. fu©k them... I mean, if they cancel everyone's show its bad luck, if they cancel some people's show all their disclaimers rain/shine sh!t is out the window.

As for the msuic itself, some tunes were great, but it wasn't "the show". As far as having a bad day and not busting sh!t out. Thats fine if you decide its the final show after you perform it, but not when you start out the summer by saying "sh!t, we haven't sold many tickets, maybe we should announce that we're finished after this" and pump everyone up.

Someone post one of those Trey and Nelly pics, cause you know its all about the bling.

I just don't feel its completley Phish's fault on this.

Ok,I'll simplify/clarify my comments I guess.

this is directed completley to the folks who are feeling the need to argue an opinion.

Take it as you want.

Money will be lost at this without a doubt,for both the band,who will definatley try to make it up to some folks best they can with refunds etc.The promoters will take a huge hit and in turn resort to demands on the band.

That comment does not mean they will go home owing money.Think about it,if between the ticket sales,merch & simulcast they were to make (purely for example) 1 million dollars and now they have to refund hundreds of thousands of dollars not counting the cost of the extra overhead to make the site easier to move about,lumber,wood chips,extra staff,off duty state police etc etc,then since those costs were not part of the original schedule then it is considered a loss.Plain & simple.

Again,that DOES NOT imply Phish owed money out of their own pockets.

At least how I see it.

Simply put:

My opinion.

---------------

I'm completley lost here,I slam the phans,you guys get your backs up and tell me to shut up (more less) then I defend the band and I get reply's arguing my opinioin and defense of the band and PMs telling me the same because I am not a fan.

Only thing now I know I have learned is, it wasn't me with the problem all these years,it was Phish fans,they require confrontation to feel validated or somthing.

Here's some news for ya'll...I've been into Phish since 88,usually to me that means nothing to me but latley I see thats all that means anything to some of ya'll,whose seen more shows,whose listeneed to them longer,who knows all the songs,who knows who Treys teacher was etc etc etc...

I really wish this weekend had gone off without any hitches for the people and the band,because now instead of moving on,I'm going have to listen to ungrateful,selfish people who didn't even go to the dam festival to begin with whine like school bitches for who knows how goddam long over this.

I'm just sick of the flip flop some of the people here are doing compared to four months ago before ya'll knew they were calling it quits.

Is 21 years of great music not good enough for you?Guess,not.

Its over,their done,get over it...time for a bath & a job brah. slap.gif

for the record Esau... I've never bitched about you bitching on phish... ;)

and for the record, why can't people express there views, positive or negative about something that went down? I mean this is the place.

Just heard my first positive reveiw from a buddy I went to school with. He ended up with media credentials, got to bounce on the trampolines, was front row, met Trey and get this, met Danny Devito back stage! ha!

for the record Esau... I've never bitched about you bitching on phish... ;)

and for the record, why can't people express there views, positive or negative about something that went down? I mean this is the place.

this is directed completley to the folks who are feeling the need to argue an opinion.

Take it as you want.