Jambands.ca

Jerry

Esau

Not attempting to steal the thunder from folks returning from Coventry,I was just surfing the net and stumbled over this....

Well, okay. The morning he died, I was in New Hampshire, and he came to me in a dream. He was dressed elegantly, in Castilian splendor.

And he had a long velour cape and all that kind of stuff. In the dream, I was backstage at some gig in a club and I discovered a big old can of invisible paint, and me and the guys in the band that I was touring with, it was Ratdog at that time, we were all, you know, having great fun with the invisible paint, and Jerry came by, you know, popped in. And I said, "Hey, check this out! Invisible paint!" And he didn't seem interested, which kind of surprised me. He seemed really preoccupied.

Then I woke up and I think it was 6:15 and you know, I had to go hit the bathroom and then I went back to sleep, so I know what time it was. And that's probably right around the time he checked out.

So, you know, as they say, when somebody checks out, they make some rounds 'cause time and space no longer exists for them.

-Bob Weir

http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=5248&disp=all

Thats kinda crazy.

I saw the Festival Express last night and what can I say other than awesome.

Great footage of the trek. My lady had the greatest statement after the show, "Wow, Jerry was a real teddy bear of a man"

The Danko/Janis/Jerry/Bob scene was pure gold.

One question I was wondering is why no one from The Band had anything to say in interviews about the adventure.

Yeah,I found it rather eerie and cool.

The Danko/Janis/Jerry/Bob scene was pure gold.

My favourite hands down. (as ya probally already know)

One question I was wondering is why no one from The Band had anything to say in interviews about the adventure.

Good question man,I don't recall any comments last year after it was aired for the first time publically at the Toronto film fest.No members of the Band were present either from what I remember.Bonnie Bramlett & Sylvia Tyson were present amongst others.