Jambands.ca

Update: COME TOGETHER MUSIC FEST Labour Day....

shainhouse

It's that whole trip of our broader scene being made up of smaller tribes and CTMF tends to be the Brantford/Chatham/Milton et al. crowd. If it was my crew I'd be more into it but it's someone else's crew.

hahahahahaaa... Milton!

hey, i'm not puttin' the thing down. I believe I had said that undoubtably it will be a great time. I've always thought it's the people that make that festival not the music. The music is great a lot of the time but it's the people that kept me going back over the years. I've never had a bad time at CTMF and I don't think I ever could.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull up yer fu©king socks--and tie those dancing shoes, and brush off them blues from your heavy shoulders and come have a good time with some great people and great music. don't try and tell me anybody has anything better to do, cus, that just ain't possible.

Not possible eh?

Lets see here,tomorrow I leave for 14 days in the interior woodlands of northern Ontario,moose,deer,bear,huge bass,pike & pickrel,a canoe,my fishin pole,a couple great friends,lots of herb and extreme quiet,outdoors 24/7,no smog,no noise,peaceful,sunrises & sunsets,clear headed days lazin' in a canoe throwin' my line in the water not caring if I catch a thing but a good buzz,no words,no traffic,no cops,no time,no artifical light,just moonlight & camp fires,fresh fish.

Cost virtually nothing,except gas to get there and some food supplies (minimal),perhaps a bit of booze.All for under 100 dollars each(3 of us).Oh,did I mention the part about 14 days?

yeah,I guess your right,nothing better to do.

... but, I would still rather be at CTMF then anywhere else... it was just that good last time....

I can understand man,I went to the first one in 2000,then to everyone until may 2003 (except labour day 2002),those were at ghosttown,and I had a blast at everyone.But after the summer I have had (ie: lots of stress over legal issues and then jail) what I am looking for is not to be in any place where the possibility of getting in any trouble.Izzy's,I would,I know me & I would.You have never partied with me at a ctmf,usually it involved about 500-600 dollars for me .I cannot afford to do it and honestly,I am not into those sorta parties anymore.I'll be back in time to go to it but I won't be there,finaces dictate those type of gatherings for one,my head set is not to party like that anymore,I've been there and done it...many times and in many different places.To me its grown old.

Have fun

I think that BQ and tala on the same night would be ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Oh yeah... Chatham/Milton/Brantford must include Kitchener, Waterloo, Ottawa, London, Hamilton, Peterborough, Lindsay, Toronto, St.Catherines and Guelph... you are a pussy. So where's "your" crew from again. I went there with two other people to last year's Canada Day weekend without knowing anyone else and left with about a hundred new friends. You must have been acting like an a$$hole to not find somewhere or someone who made you feel comfortable and welcome at a COME TOGETHER Music Festival?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Handle your business before your business handles you. If you take too much sh!t and act retarded, that's on you, not the fest. If no one wants to hang around you cause you're acting like a retard... that's on you. You don't have fun, don't come back.

Tellin'people who did/do enjoy themselves there that it's not for you anymore means nothing to them... one less a$$hole who can't handle his sh!t... maybe some of us just need a break... from you. ::

A simple "Have fun!" will do in the future.

(Not directed at Esau who has better sh!t to do and who said have fun... :P)

;) well, i see the sissy parade that seems to accompany any chatter on upcoming ctmfs is in town again. i'm sorry, what was that? i missed everything that came after blah blah blah whine whine whine boo fricken hoo. ;)

hahahahahahha. sorry. smartass. mybad. ::

anyway, *I* for one am quite looking forward to what will be a perfect summer's end blowout. the lineup's pretty fricken rad too! and what better way to cap off a summer than a last few days at izzy's full of fun people, great bands and a big ol'lake. OH YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Maybe you guys dont realize but the budget is nowhere near as large for Izzy's that it was at Frontier Town so I'm sure compromises have to be made.

Why would this be the case? We're paying more for tickets now then we were then. There were over 500 tickets sold to the Canada Day festival. Where does the significant change in budget come from?

Yeah, that budget excuse sounds thin.

I just see that MW is doing what we asked... smaller bands with lower profiles trying to get a name out. I don't know who posted this but I remeber reading "This festival is best for exposing new talent instead of using a limited budget on bands we've all seen before that don't need the help."(Paraphrasing sumbuddy)

In my experience this festival is rarely attended solely because of the bands anyways. It's about the atmosphere of it always being familiar (DD, tala, BQ, GTB, Mark, I mean, WOW!!!!!! :) ) and always changing and developing a little (Silvertones, Kaejema, etc).

The point is the COMING TOGETHER part... you get out what you put in. :)

You're right this festival is rarely attended because of the bands OBVIOUSLY it's the drugs and the whole environment. Seeing as you tore me a new one there let's get this out of the way as quickly as possible. I don’t know how much plainer I have to make this. You’re right to point out that people are coming from a few other towns you’ve mentioned. Wherever they’re from the bulk of the people that frequent the festival are not people I happen to call friends. You are absolutely right though about the fact that if I don’t handle my sh!t it will handle me though. Of course by not going that’s exactly what I’m trying to do. Of course not being obliterated also gives me very little inclination to go and see a bunch of let’s face it borderline hack bands and their borderline hack fans. I think what troubles me is that I wouldn’t want to listen to any of those bands or really hang out with any but a very few of those people if I weren’t totalled. So the most authentic thing I can do is not fu©king go. Some day people will start to talk about the reality of these situations more openly and I won’t have to walk the plank myself. Give yourself a fu©king shake. A good chunk of the people at these shows have likely had their productivity and career track derailed or waylaid through in large part being a part of this fu©king culture. It may be embarassing for me to be honest about my own issues but facing the reality of the situation that I just don’t want to spend time with these people and bands is likely a bigger slight to them than it is to me. I mean I’m just a relic fu©ked up mess right and even I think I’m too good for this sh!t.

Really sorry I hurt your feelings there big boy.

I still don't hear the "Have fun!" though?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

It wasn't meant to tear you a new one, it was meant to let you know that a simple "I won't be there" would suffice.

I am a little confused... are you saying that because these people are fu©ked on drugs that they can't properly hear or make music. Granted everyone has different limits as to amounts and substances, but I think we can all agree that reality is intersubjective. We build it together by relating. If you can't relate maybe you're in a different reality now. It's nobody's fault that things change, it's just sad that some people have so many problems coping with each other. And if we're not your "friends", or at least your compatriots, than why are you talking so much to us?!?!?!?!?!?

You've been here longer than me and you're probably just trying to get a rise out of me... But just in case you really do need help with your drug, people or other issues there's all kinds of help to be found in the phonebook. If you really desperately need someone to try and relate your pain to, just PM me.

If you're just trying to hurt my feelings by insulting bands, that ain't it. Leave your non-friends out of it and stop speaking for these "strangers". If you think they're all hacks, keep it to yourself, jerk-off.

That was a good little duel. Not bad locking swords with you at least you have some capacity for self reflection. I think this thread turned into more of an accounting for why people weren't going out. People provided a variety of reasons from the fact that bands are fairly lacklustre and anybody being honest with themself would notice that. Not sure where the 500 people at $75 money is going cause it ain't on the bands from the look of it. Otherwise this festival at it's new locale really has become more of a regional scene gathering. The calibre of artists hasn't been quite up there, the venue is less distinct than Frontier Town and as a result people like the Ottawa crew and others haven't been making the trek down. That and it has been a festival heavy summer (the ones that didn't get cancelled) and people are choosing not to go for financial reasons. It's all pretty common sense.

There's nothing lacklustre about Mark Wilson's singing voice... of course, any old hack can sing. ::

If this festival doesn't stay under the radar it WILL get shut down. Small, friend oriented is the way to go in SoOn. We're surrounded by Nazi police and neighbours, which is why Frontier is no longer a go.

It's just not as isolated down here as it is down east at evolve or in Northern Quebec where outdoor party's can last till dawn and not get shut down for noise.

Maybe you're right and we're tricking ourselves into thinking no one gets hurt. Maybe we don't really care, which is sad. Maybe we're all trying to hurt ourselves, which is also sad but at least it's our choice and at least we do it together. :: I usually come home tired, but refreshed and very happy to have made so many new friends and memories. :)

Where's my "Have fun"? ::