Jambands.ca

Update: COME TOGETHER MUSIC FEST Labour Day....

shainhouse

Good ol' straight edge kung as Todd likes to say.

It seems like I've struck a nerve and I am suggesting that it is a nerve that needs to be struck. I think you all make eloquent remarks and they are well reasoned. I would like to say that I don't necessarily think of myself as being the Universal Conscience of the scene, it comes across that way in part because the scene really seems to lack a moral compass. I think you're point Del is really well taken and in the absence of actually doing anything to change (which isn't entirely true but the premise is) I have chosen instead to talk about the idea of 'change' or 'degradation'. That last word sort of sticks in my craw as I spit it out. I have no doubt that we have all experienced a great many things more than we would have driving our Tempos in Brampton but it has in fact come at a cost and in some cases a high one. Again I don't see how anyone can deny the veracity of these remarks they seem to me self-evident and only come across as so controversial because they are so rarely spoken. I think you're point however you put it about standing out at shows or on this forum is well taken, a not so subtle reference to my egotism or megalomania. That said while I do like being the Van Wilder of CanJam culture from time to time it comes at a very high cost for me as well. I have opened myself to a lot of heartache here and a good deal of the time my motivation is a touch more worldly than masturbation. I perhaps naively have thought that if I exposed myself to criticism others would as well. So I can see what might have you all up in arms but at the same point my motivations are both more and less altruistic then you might expect.

was thinking something like that

or at least something like "but how come I like him so much in person?" ::

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First: "All know the path, few actually follow it."

Now, back to what's important: The Music! And on that note, I'd like to happily announce that all you CTMF lovers and attendees will get to witness the John Henry's for the first time. They've just been booked for the 11:30 slot on Friday night.

This will be the JH's first time out of the Ottawa area, and I think you'll all be very impressed. The songwriting is fantastic and the band sounds total pro. Check 'em out Friday night and then watch for them to tour SoOn throughout the fall.

www.thejohnhenrys.com

Enjoy, and I'll see y'all there.

JH sounds like a great time!

And I always do the whole weekend so I'll catch'em :)

Luke - Your expressing the most vividly mediocre "honesty" I've ever seen. Frankly, to me it sounds as if you have massive problem with psychedelics, or perhaps something worse. If this is the case you should look to professionals for help, not drunks people on computer message boards.

However, if you're trying to be entertaining you have succeded... mildly. You've definately struck a nerve that is close to many skancs hearts, their drug use. I would say that more than most people I know from the board I do abuse the use of some things, and I am well educated about the reasons I have chosen for that. I feel I am very honest with my friends about how I am feeling and I rarely need help, but it has happened. But in the shape that I met you, you're disregard for the well-being of those around you accompanied by the reckless movements of your large frame made me nervous... at CTMF I was nervous about some hippy?!?!?!?!?!?!? BUNK

or at least it should have been but you were out of control.

So here's your much needed stardom...

You made a guy who weighs 50-80 lbs less than you nervous about the safety of his girlfriend because you were so drunk and fu©ked up on mushrooms or other sh!t that you were falling all over everyone. You were disgusting.

So Luke, I hope that instead of stroking your already over-grown ego my honesty has allowed you to see that you're doing noone a favour with your bullshit. :(

Get some help.

Everybody else should rock the fu©k on and GIV'ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I'm going to let this die for now. You can all go back to talking about lacklustre bands and ascribing to magical thinking with regard to lifestyle choices. Thorg is absolutely right to point out my deplorable behaviour last time around, I hadn't eaten anything all day, drank the better part of a case and gobbled back some shrooms, in my already unstable constitution it was a noxious brew. I think I have already taken more than enough sh!t over that though. I've been honest about it, I've tried to say that that while some people can be in those environments and moderate (although that's highly suspect) I cannot. I have to be away from that situation and I have been taking steps to do so. I mean lets call a spade a spade. This has basically devolved into a pissing contest and seeing who can shame the other person more publicly. How this guy can tell me to get help, admit to his own addictions and say let's fu©king giv'er all in the same sentence with no sense of irony is beyond me. Of course he doesn't barrel about like a blustery and supposedly dangerous fool (although admittedly a danger to myself). My basic point anyways is that Come Together is chump sh!t in my eyes. I can imagine a much more suitable group of people to socialize with and be passed judgment upon than a bunch of early twenties drifting along and in some cases drifting away. I for one would rather use my weekend to rest up for my work week, to further myself and live up to my potential, than run myself into the ground and wonder where the years went. People need to realize that we get the things we want in life by making responsible life choices at least from time to time. The enormous amount of time, personal energy and money we sink in this scene is astronomical and could surely be redirected to any number of other ends (seriously we could cure fu©king cancer at this rate). That's my perogative. So you rock the fu©k out and giv'er (which by the way is about my least favourite expression ever and seems to me an incredibly lame cop out but hey it's a funny thing to put on a t-shirt I guess).

i've been trying real hard to stay away from this, but all i want to say is to stop and think for a second. read between the lines if you have to. you might learn something about yourself, or about someone else. thats all.

granted zero often brings this on himself, and he'll be the first to admit it (and also apologize for it), but i also think that sometimes zero takes more sh!t than he deserves, as far as im concerned.

say what ya want, scold me, i really couldnt give a flying fu©k.

I can imagine a much more suitable group of people to socialize with and be passed judgment upon than a bunch of early twenties drifting along and in some cases drifting away.

hey, that hurts :(

I for one would rather use my weekend to rest up for my work week, to further myself and live up to my potential, than run myself into the ground and wonder where the years went.

C'mon Luke, that has to be the lamest thing I've ever heard you say.