Jambands.ca

The Motherphish

zero

So did anyone see the mothership this guy apparently saw:

so about five minutes before the end of Melt there was something flying around in the sky. it came from the back left and had a spotlight shining down. It was behind the stage. It just kind of stayed there for a while, then slowly moved to the right. Then it was circling around a bit. The spotlight would come on intermitantly (sp). At the end of Melt they played a five minute general distortion jam, just making noise. It was *freaky*. All the while that thing in the sky was flying around. It left about five minutes into Ghost, flying off to the right.

I'm sure a ton of people saw this. I guess it *could* have been a helicopter but it was at night which seemed a little odd. Also there were two red lights on the thing that didn't look like any helicopter I've ever seen. The fact that it synched up perfectly with the music and the moment was what made it so weird. Combined with all the mothership jokes and my state of mind at the time I was seriously questioning things.

anyway just wondering what other people thought about this.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

YES!

40 seconds before it appeared, I turned to Dog At The Station and said "Here comes the Mothership"

There was this serious nitrous-type jamming (not the actually song, but think Mickey Harts beam), and it seemed like a perfect Close Encounter moment.

Pat then said, "Look up in the sky, thats it man!"

We figured it was heading to pick us up, but as it approached, realized we were SUPER dirty and didnt want to ruin the interior.

awesome............I knew we werent cray.

Was there an elaborate prank? Maybe they had one planned and it fell through- trojan horse got stuck in the mud or the fabricator misunderstood and designed a giant condom.

What about this late night bluegrass mobile stage did anyone see this? That's a throwback to the Clifford Ball as I recall.

Re: Pharmies.

I was refering to this guys comments...

I'm sure a ton of people saw this. I guess it *could* have been a helicopter but it was at night which seemed a little odd. Also there were two red lights on the thing that didn't look like any helicopter I've ever seen. The fact that it synched up perfectly with the music and the moment was what made it so weird. Combined with all the mothership jokes and my state of mind at the time I was seriously questioning things.

I saw it, it was cool. After about 5 minutes I wrote it off as a helicopter...but i kept my eye on it. That search light did seem odd and out of all the choppers I saw that weekend I never did see another with a light like that.

But what do I know, I was just there.