Jambands.ca

A Feel Good Story From Ole Guigsy...

guigsy

ok, but first of all, c-towns, low roller, the odd bo(o)uche, and anyone else who might think this is faggy, stick it, i will eat your soul. :P

so i been workin away like crazy on this new website, right, and i guess i hit a bit of a creative roadblock, so i decided to pack a little one and head up to the roof on the deck. naturally, there were people up there, so i couldnt really just chill by myself, and i ended up sitting at the picnic table with the newest tenants.. i hadnt met them yet... nice people, i was identified, for the 2nd time, as the apartment with the good music, and for the record, its usually The Slip. some people dont know what they know, you know? i dunno. anyways, i realize there are 4 of us at the table, and i only had my one-hitter pipe on me, so, i felt it'd be like a tease if i lit up right in front of them, and wasnt able to share. besides, i just met them... who knows if they're a couple squares... fu©kin blockheads... but turns out the guy plays drums and he asked if they ever bother me, i told him i havent heard anything, but it wouldnt anyways.... im a nice guy, right. so we get talkin about music, and blah blah blah, we realize they moved in while i was at the dead, why i hadnt seen them before, and then the girlfriend of the couple says to me that she thought the grateful dead were a hardcore death metal band. thats when i knew i was way outta my league here. her favourite band was sublime, and her favourite song was scarlet begonias. i sh!t you not. so i have to deal with this, not stoned, so, i couldnt even find humour, i just got bitter. hey, deal with it. its the way i am. but whatever, i got through it, i made a concerted effort not to over exert myself in conversation, and stayed mostly agreeable.. it was for everyone's benefit... so, as im ready to make my exit, a drunken Shawna, one of at least 2 lesbians in the building, and no zero, not hot, comes stumbling over to bum a smoke, and then she gets talking, and because she's hammered, just a write-off, she's going and going and going, and then stopping, and staring uncomfortable, wavering, and then spouting out random phrases, like, oh, i dunno, "eh, BuffBoy?!". and that back on some tangent... i actually found it pretty great, entertaining at least. but shawna has a dog, named Nico, which apparently has nothing to do with Blind Melon, purely coincidence. thats great. but nico is a beagle type thing, with a bunch of other sh!t mixed in there, a couple years old, but the cutest little dog, and never says sh!t. never barks, yelps, whines, growls, cries, nothing. a really great dog, just chills out, wanders over but never gets too close or stays too long, just gets the love she needs and keeps goin... as a dog she's always looking for food, too. thats what dogs do. so anyways, the dog is there, too, chillin out under the table, and shawna, outta nowhere in a complete turn of events, stops talking, drops the smoke, puts the glass of wine down, and heads for the hills. she's to the other end of the porch, in the door, down the stairs and off into the night, not to be seen again! after a minute or 2, saying goodbyes and such, im the only one left. well, besides the dog, but the window is open to their apartment, right on the porch, like a door for the dog, so i give the belly one last rub and head inside myself, well, this fu©kin dog comes right in with me and lays down at my door on its back for another belly rub. fu©k that. one's all ya get. i got fu©kin work to do. but no, this little sh!t isnt havin' it. so, i pick it up against its will and cart it back outside... it follows me back in... i take it back out but this time actually put it halfway in the window... no dice... the dog simply wants its fu©king belly rubbed or whatever the fu©k, and i've rubbed enough bellies for night. so, i tell nico to politely fu©k off and let me go inside... but the dog comes in behind me and stops me at the top of the stairs and offers its paw.. you know... i didnt ask for it... she just gave it up... i thought that was cool, and realized that she probably just needed someone to hang out with for a little while, cuz her drunk lesbian mama just took off on her. so, we went back outside and i sat against the brick, and nico layed down beside me and went to sleep, while i sat there and finally got to smoke that little bit, and it was a great little while of good thoughts, and inspiration for things i want to work on and towards, and just some good time with me.... and it was that little dog that dragged me back there to chill out when i thought maybe it needed something, maybe it just knew that i needed something. weird. so anyways, drunken shawna eventually re-appears, and nico takes off like a bat of hell to her. and i decide to come inside and get back to work.

hope she remembers me in the morning.

Nice little story you got there. Although I generally hate yippee dogs you pretty much described what our cats do for us when we're stressed out. Their equivalent of "belly rub" is the flop-down....they look at and meow a couple of times and then flop on the floor so you'll notice them. it's cute and entirely un-faggy.

Guest Low Roller

Sublime's version of Scarlet Begonias is actually quite good. I listen to it all the time. Very ska. Not a bad thing sometimes.

So you've been inspired to create a webpage dedicated to belly rubs Guigsy or what? And for the love of Trey, use some paragraphs or some sh!t... that's approaching Kung-rant territory.

Guest Low Roller
That was my thought too... Is their someone named Nico in Blind Melon or something?

Shannon Hoon's daughter is named Nico Blue. Blind Melon's final posthumous album is named after her.

Mmm... Blind Melon... This gives me an idea.

i think nico is shannon hoon's lil girl's name. well she's probably not too little anymore, but yeah. (edit - a little slow on the draw this morning... what he said ^^^)

that's a cute story. i had the pleasure of meeting nico (and the lesbian parents), heheh, definitely a cool dawg. one good thing about living with my folks the past month or 2 has been spending lots of QT with my doggie... taking big long walks on the beach with her is so nice and relaxing. she mostly sleeps nowadays, but she's the best. :)

hahaha... yeah, dont worry esau, i clarified the velvet underground thing, too... still purely coincidence... and yes low roller, my belly rub website will be up and running as quick as you can yell "PINK BELLY! PINK BELLY! PINK BELLY!"... and yes, i like the sublime scarlet, dont get me wrong, but if it was your favourite, wouldnt you be curious where it came from? hell, its in the liner notes. ::

i dunno, just my sense of humour... dry as a popcorn fart in a sandstorm.