Jambands.ca

Blind Melon

Guest Low Roller

I didn't even know furthur was still around.I got rid of that crap when bit torrents came out.

As I said I didn't know,but if it was cool then Sean should just seed the show via bit torrent then there wouldn't be any burner required.

I have no interest in seeding it.

Guest Low Roller

Secret Track On Soup Album

There IS a secret song on the SOUP CD!!! To hear it just stick the CD in any CD player and press play, it will start playing the first song which song #1. Then press and hold the rewind/cue button and you should then be reversing into a song before song #1. Its a 2 minute song.

"The secret track on the Soup album was done like this......We had this piece of acoustic gutar music from Shannon's friend Mike Kelsey, who is just phenomenal. We all played a bunch of stuff on it...I played piano and some other stuff, just kept piling stuff on it. Then we took the song "New Life" and flipped the reels upside down so it was playing in reverse and dumped the backwards vocals on the instrumental track. We were all shocked at how well it worked....just an accident." - Roger Stevens

Secret Trick for Change

Play the song Change. Then turn the balance on your radio so that you just hear the left speakers. When you do this you hear just a guitar, very little drums and Shannon's vocals.

Secret Trick for Time

Same trick as change but this time change the balance so that sound comes out only from the right speaker, anyway after our beloved Shannon says, "I think it's time," change it back to normal both speakers to get when everyone comes in." Its a cool trick and you get to hear shannon's voice for a few seconds.

Blind Melon were fantastic. It truly is a shame to lose Shannon, but as the saying goes, "only the good die young". Nico is a great album, and the track of Shannon calling the guitarist and singing a song on his answering machine is absolutely haunting. It seems almost foreshadowing in its lyrics:

"Letters From A Porcupine"

Underlying

Oh, so more important here

Any kind

Oh, what ever shakes a thrill

Mark my face

The air is really heavy now

I pledge allegiance

So God why don't you come on over here

D - I - E - D

Oh, that's what has happened to you

G - R - E - E - D

Well, there is nothing more to take

Pour the red wine

Watch the news, maybe ventilate

I pledge allegiance

So laddy why don't you come on over here

Letters from the porcupine

They'll stick straight through you

So read one anytime

You think you've made mistakes

Now we'll wait for later

Maybe the next in line will be

Someone who's Daddy's blood

Ran out next to Bush and it be him

Who knows what great contributions to music Blind Melon would have made if Shannon Hoon were still with us? He is definately missed.

the track of Shannon calling the guitarist and singing a song on his answering machine is absolutely haunting. It seems almost foreshadowing in its lyrics.

My thoughts exactly. All of their albums were solid pieces of music, and while I never had the pleasure of actually seeing them live, I'm sure the songs translated beautifully to a live setting. Another great singer/song writer stolen from us far too early.

• 2 months later...

I always thought those guys were excellent, and definitely revived a style of music that was waning at the time.

My opinion of them, however, was severely tainted ever since Hoon stripped naked and pissed all over a Vancouver audience.

He's a great musician, but that is entirely uncalled for. It's disgusting, egotistical and should not be forgotten.

Still very much dig their tunes, though.

ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION...BLIND MELON ROCKED!!! First time I heard them was driving to Portland, Maine, Nov. 9/93 to see the Jerry Garcia Band and they blew me away. One of my favourite shows and roadtrips. Ended up at Sugarloaf after the show and must've listened to their first CD multiple times that trip.

When I heard of his O.D., I was so angry. He had such a phenominal voice and the band was just great.

Sadly missed...

Can'O'Phish