Jambands.ca

which internet service should i use in ottawa?

meggo

I cannot recommend Magma highly enough. Have been using them at home for almost 3 years now and they are the ISP of choice where I work, we recommend them to all our clients. You'll pay a little more for high speed service than going directly to Sympatico but their customer service and reliability are well worth it.

I guess it depends on if you're planning on getting cable or not. Don't they have a deal at Roger's with Cable internet and TV?

I always found Bell Sympatico to be an excellent service, but that wasn't in Ottwaa.

To be honest, I don't know squat about Ottawa's service, but in Hull, we have Videotron, and it's freaking FAST!

It's kinda confusing the way bell puts it...all internet service that comes through your telephone line, but that's not dial-up is DSL, basically internet that allows you to talk and surf at the same time is DSL. DSL stands for Digital Subscriber Line, I beleive. The $20 a month service is thier basic service, they basically cap your download speed at 128 kbps. Most highspeed services are about 3mbps...however cable is a bit faster running around 5, if you purchase thier modem.

It's so confusing, that's why I quite Bell to become a bus driver!

thanks lovely lady ;)

and good luck to yourself in the far east!! i think i will be seein ya for some pre-departure festivities next weekend... i heard talk of $1.75 drinks at some shady hole in the wall called phil's?!?! sounds like a proper sendoff ::