Jambands.ca

Spearhead in Ottawa next sat

Jared

And the Xpress says BSS is 20 bones, whereas a folkfest pass is 50? Yikes.

I don't think I've ever been to Britannia Park. What are the chances of watching the show from outside the gate? I love BSS with all my heart but 20 bucks to see them in a bandshell might not do it for me.

Actually, they're playing at the CKCU Ottawa Folk Festival (on Friday night) along with Broken Social Scene (Thursday night), Arlo Guthrie (Sunday night), and a bunch of others (including Bingie Barker & Raggamuffin, but I'm not sure when).

I used to volunteer at the OFF, and it's a blast. Great venue (down by the river in Britannia park), great atmosphere (and very family-friendly), and great music.

Aloha,

Brad

And the Xpress says BSS is 20 bones, whereas a folkfest pass is 50? Yikes.

I don't think I've ever been to Britannia Park. What are the chances of watching the show from outside the gate? I love BSS with all my heart but 20 bucks to see them in a bandshell might not do it for me.

You can do it. They fence off the main grounds, but you can easily stand at the fence and get a good view of the stage. Note, however, that the $20 gets you in for the whole night, so you see more than just BSS.

Aloha,

Brad

Ahess the folkfest is usally so expensive and sells out so fast that there is always a large number of people outside the fence. I've been to three so far and have only been inside once, and that was only because some chick gave me a free pass while I was leaning on the fence.Sound is great, view is great,trust me you don't need to pay.