Jambands.ca

Burning Man

Velvet

Damn. I guess it was too obvious not to have been done...

How about a "Participant Placement Service"? Kind of like a job-search service, we could set up a message board, have consultants, and try to hook up camps that need participants with prospective participants that want to do stuff. We could make resumes, conduct interviews, etc. And, of course, we would occasionally send people on wild goose chases, to camps that didn't exist...

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A potpourri of tender leaves, with poppy mushrooms and munster cheese.

About 12 years ago I got a Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes thing in the mail and they included the proposed menu for the winners dinner. The snack mentioned above was one of the salads and I found it so poetic I've never forgotten it. Whenever I hear the word potpourri it pops into my head.

I would think minimizing the power consumption in such a locale would be a good building block. You could build a solar cooker to roast all the vegan cocktail weiners, and set up one of the dish-type cookers for a pot of curry or something.

Slow Food Expo?

there is a book coming out called "this is burning man" sometime this year. i read the advance copy (the only good thing that came out of my shortlived job at kw chapters) and it really made me want to go. i would definitely like to go. what about music camp? we can wear costumes that are band related and make huge working instruments. (who cares if they sound good)

Oh wow. Maybe we could have a little orchestra. I could conduct (I have some experience), and we could spend the next year collecting band charts. There is the advantage of camps being listed in the newsletters, so we could tell people to bring instruments if they wanted to join.

but who can spell "circles"

(observe my post above)

seriously though, drumming is like having a heart beat... so long as you don't think about it way to much you can do it given some time to forget yourself and get into a groove

(besides the fact that Booche is intimidated by cavemen... whom he obviously figures are trying to steal his look ;))