Jambands.ca

Movie Recommendation: Control Room

AD

Don't know if I found out about this here or not.. But if I did, thank you to whoever recommended it to me... Now others must go...

If I can highly recommend a movie for people to check out.. Control Room is about Al-Jazeera and its coverage of the war in Iraq. The material is very good, and even though it just scrapes the surface of some seriously disturbing sh!t regarding the US military, it's still a must see for all of you who liked Farenheit, and for all of you who like informative documentaries... More interesting than Farenheit for sure, IMO. A lot more could have been done with this movie, but it's still great and I'd like to recommend it to all.

Here's a synopsis from IMDB.com

"A chronicle which provides a rare window into the international perception of the Iraq War, courtesy of Al Jazeera, the Arab world's most popular news outlet. Roundly criticized by Cabinet members and Pentagon officials for reporting with a pro-Iraqi bias, and strongly condemned for frequently airing civilian causalities as well as footage of American POWs, the station has revealed (and continues to show the world) everything about the Iraq War that the Bush administration did not want it to see."

It is playing at the Bytowne Cinema in Ottawa at the following times:

Monday (tonight) at 7:05

Tuesday at 7:05

Wednesday at 5:00 and 9:05

Thursday at 7:05

AD