Jambands.ca

advice wanted on a Coventry thankyou

thatpatguy

ok.. so I posted my Coventry adventure in that thread last week, you can read it there if you want. But I'm posting specifically about this guy who really helped us out.

While we were running around looking for a place to park our car along with everyone else we ran into this great guy in Newport (just north of the festival area) named Doug.

Doug owns a real estate company and let us park in his parking lot free of charge (most places were charging around $20 for parking.. some as high as $75). On top of that, he then gave us a ride down to the barricade, so we only had a 2 mile hike as supposed to the 3 or so it would have been from downtown Newport.

So.. I, without him knowing, scammed a business card so now I have a copy of his address and what not.

I really want to send him something special for being such a great guy. It doesn't have to be much. If he lived in another part of the US a small thing of maple syrup would be perfect (what with me from Canada and all). But since Vermont makes great maple syrup I don't think it would have the same impact.

Anyway.. I'm looking for any and all ideas on what to send Doug as a thank you for being such a great guy.

I thought about a copy of the show.. but I really don't think the guy was a fan.. and I think that show in particular was pretty much a fan only kinda thing.. know what I mean?

you think just some photos? I was thinking of maybe trying to find something nice to frame and send that down

I was thinking the same thing about the folks we stayed with. Pictures are definitely going to be included...especially pics of their land with all of us on it! The guy that lives there has multiple sclerosis so I was thinking about making a donation to the MSAA too.

I hear ya though...I'm also trying to think of the perfect thank you. I'll be chatting about it this weekend with my travels buddies...I'll let you know if we come up with something you can use too.

Sounds like you're on the right track with the donation Dougie, I'd bring that to his attention though because it is a nice gesture. Also the card, pictures thing sounds fine although you're right one nice item (handcrafted) would be great. I'd go to your farmers market on the weekend and see if there's anything worth picking up.