Jambands.ca

Bob Loblaw

StoneMtn

I do remember Miss Grundy, and I remember I liked them, but I can't remember what they sounded like or who was in it. I think they only existed briefly, did they not?

lets see how my memory will do here.. Miss Grundy was:

Andy Gorham - Organ

Matt (can't remember his last name) - Drums and Vocals

Gord Troupe - Drums

Guy Short - Guitar and Vocals

and this guy on Bass I can't remember his name (he played bass for The Boogiemen there at the end)

they were essentially a rock band.. but quirky/funky rock.. they did the best cover of Frankenstein I've ever heard..

and yeah.. short lived.. I think they only lasted like 6 months or so.. certainly less than a year. I was in a band with Andy at the time, and had just finished in a band with Gord.

Caught them a couple of times back in the day...

Was our own Velvet not part of this band when it was in existence?

Could be wrong. Anyways, very spontaneous and wacky stuff indeed. Best Ottawa band ever?

TOP 3 OTTAWA BANDS OF ALL TIME:

#1-ALANIS MORISSETTE BAND

#2-AVRIL LAVIGNE BAND

#3-TIE!!! BOB LOBLAW/NERO.

Bob Loblaw was arguably the best Ottawa band ever, with Freeway Band and nero arguably tied to argue about who might be second, and just because I was Bob Loblaw's guitar tech doesn't make me biased.

I liked a) how every show was different because the band couldn't quite play their songs correctly, B) how the two guitar players (who were roommates and had a lot of unspoken hostility towards one another) would get into fairly serious spontaneous shoving matches onstage between trading off guitar lines and suff, and c) that they usually played all their bad songs first.

If anybody wants to hear them, I understand StoneMtn has a copy of their tape in cd format. He can probably upload it somewhere or something.

I miss Bob.

If I recall correctly, these are the lyrics to Despise (lyrics by mung):

There's one I like

There's one I teach

There's one eyed monsters

There's one way streets

Don't worry 'cuz you're special

You mean a great deal to me 'cuz

You are the one I despise

There's one I live with

There's one true fate

There's one night stand offs

And you, I hate.

You mean a great deal to me 'cuz

There's none more special(?)

Not one I've said

Have one too many

Have fun, get dead.

You meant a great deal to me 'cuz

You were the one I despised

You were the one I despised

By the way, thanks for the thread StoneMtn.

I hope nobody forgets about freephonic.

they were awesome. some of the best songs i've ever heard and totally great musicianship, arranging, jamming, and solos.

members went on to form grand national and steve gaw was a member of wheeler for a brief stint.

too bad they had to go break up. they were almost ottawa...saw them gads of times at the whipping post seeing those guys...saw em at zaphod's 2, barrymore's, and in a community centre - and of course at the farmhouse in kemptville.

Bob Loblaw was arguably the best Ottawa band ever, with Freeway Band and nero arguably tied to argue about who might be second, ... If anybody wants to hear them, I understand StoneMtn has a copy of their tape in cd format. He can probably upload it somewhere or something.

Okay, well I have never made a bit.torrent before, however, through the assistance of a family-member, I present to you "Monkey Do" by Bob Loblaw:

It is located at Phoenix Torrents at: http://www.phoenix-torrents.com/index.php?act=ST&f=42&t=88069