Jambands.ca

Bayou - Jamworks Open Jam This Thursday..Anyone?

Pootie Tang

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it can start going down at 8:30, that's what's listed on the Bayou website. Looks like we gots enough interest to hit up a fun night of playing; what we'll probably do is get ensembles up together to play a few tunes each, say 2-3 depending in length, so a few Tummies, maybe a Hux/Skank blend, Station, and any others who have something together for when they come down. As well a good idea might be to collectively put together a list of tunes we all know and play and can jump up to play on stage for, Beatles, Stones, Dead, Phish, whatever really, this will give us a list of tunes to pick from and keep the music flowing through the night. Of course leave lots of room for jamming and freestyle improvisation....

heres a few:

Little Wing

Can't Always Get What You Want

Franklins

Trucking

Heavy Things

Blues numbers (One Way Out, Southbound, Thrill is Gone, etc.)

and on and on...

I think I'm more in the open/improv jamming space (a brief discussion between the jammers [chords, scales, rhythmic structure, tempo, feel, sectional structure] and go!) rather than song-based stuff, especially because I have no time to learn anything between now and then.

Aloha,

Brad