Jambands.ca

Craziest Thing You Ever Saw At Work

Douglas

When I worked at McDonald's we had this lady come in once, orer a big mac and sit down to eat it. This was fairly late in the evening but nothing out of the ordinary. after serving her she came back up to the counter and said her Big mac was made incorrectly...where was the ketchup? I said there is no ketchup but pointed to the ketchup dispenser and figured that was that. Then the insults and the cursing started. F-ing McDonald's....F-ing Big Macs. Finally she shot ketchup all over her tray, sat down again with ehr half-eaten big mac and dredged it in ketchup and ate it.

Didn't think much more of her until we saw her run out of the women's washroom and tear down the street. Not more than 10 minutes later the women's bathroom was flooded and the cops had shown up saying a woman had escaped from a mental institution and they had traced a call to the payphone outside our store. They nabbed her eventually and we later found out she had a habit of escaping her confines, and stuffing logs of salami in the toilets of fast food restaurants. She had done that in ours and a few others in the area.

For my good service I was offered the toilet salami.

Craziest Thing You Ever Saw At Work

As an industrial electrician and also a lineman (working on high voltage towers) I've seen a fair bit of crazy sh!t but htese are probally the craziest.

-electrocution with 250 KVA

-5 story fall from a hydro tower

Both men died.

I worked for an alcoholic at my last job (he was director of the International Education office at a major university in Canada). One night we had a pretty important dinner meeting at a nice Chinese restaurant with members of a Chinese ministry of education who were visiting to set up a partnership.

I guess my boss had had a run in with the Dean of ed. earlier in the day and decided to go on a bender before showing up to dinner. He was so wasted when he arrived (about 2 hours late) that he could harldly stand (keep in mind he was the "host"). He tried to toast the visitors, fell over and dumped a glass of wine all over himself.

Basically this continued for about 2 hours, 'till he had to excuse himself and go puke in the bathroom. WHen he didn't return, I had to go pull him out of the can and try to keep him upright until we could put an end to the meeting.

Shortly after I quit, he got fired, and the entire department got shut down.

Horrible nightmare that still haunts me to this day.

a habit of stuffing logs of salami in toilets? Now that is bizarre!

hmmm...I wonder if I can remember any crazy McDonald's stories...

-I use to try to fit into small spaces at McDonald's. I actually crawled into the safe once. That was fun. I guess.

-Saw a seizure at McD's once. Scary. Very scary.

-In Napanee, there was a guy passed out in his truck with the driver side door open and his legs hanging out. I thought he was dead. That was scary too.

-Again in Napanee, I found a bum sleeping outside in the corral. It was 5am. I brought him a cup of coffee and a maintenance coat. He left by sunrise.

-I had to dance the macerena (sp?) with Ronald McDonald. That was scary too.

tim horton's in brantford used to have a problem with the mysterious shitter. whoever it was used to smear sh!t all over the walls in the bathroom. i forgot about that one until i read the blood story. it was funny when the boss tried to get us to clean it. i got the whimis handbook and started reading her the "right to refuse unsafe work" section. she didn't like me much after that.