Jambands.ca

Trey is HURTIN'!!!

Weirdness

No offense Rob, but Phish was far superior to TAB... Don't get me wrong, I like TAB, but they're far more limited in terms of what was possible. Admittedly, recent TAB shows have been better than most recent Phish shows. But if Phish continued playing the way they did during the final Hampton->Camden run, we'd all be bowing down to the greatness that was Phish...

Aww come on, have some sympathy.

The poor guy looks like he just finished crying. And then some dorky idiot wants to take a stupid photo to show his dumb friends on some lame messageboard? I feel sorry for that incredibly rich musician who hasn't worked a day in his life. Like Jesus said "He gained the world, and lost his soul." *sigh*

I think that photo was taken by a guy who had "all access" to the band and stage that weekend, not "some dorky idiot"... I believe he took a picture of himself and each band member in a similiar way. I also believe he put together the Coventry slideshow that was available for download somewhere... Trey just looks like he smoked a fatty, nothing like someone who's taken a couple of Oxys or something similiar... Hell, my eyes have looked A LOT worse than Trey's do in this pic...

Good for him... If it was my last show I'd probably be partying like a fiend... I'll be the first to say that the two nights of Coventry were the worst of the final Hampton->Coventry run, but I mean come on... Trey looks like he smoked some herb, that's it (in regards to the picture, anyways). The Dead used to routinely play on acid, my favorite band Ween has apparently recorded albums high on glue, and Led Zeppelin were a bunch of drunks both on stage and off... Drugs are a part of the music scene, and for the most part I think they have helped fantastic music be created. Trey was shakey at Coventry, which leads to the whole Oxy theory behind the band breaking up in the first place. But to suggest Trey not do drugs and play is like suggesting I get a good nights sleep on a weekend - probably not going to happen... Don't you remember the Oh Kee Pa Ceremonies? Phish drank mushroom tea (and who knows what else) and played for hours on end... I can only imagine the great music that was made during those parties. It's a part of their, and rock music's history to get wasted and play. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive...

he wasn't composed at all at coventry. I can say with out at doubt that was the worst persformance I've seen trey put on in the 7 years I've been seeing Phish. That's not to say there weren't great songs and a few good sets and a couple raging jams...not to mention the owner of Coventry on a whole; Michael Gordon, but Trey's composure was....lacking at best...