Jambands.ca

Polish jamband: Dzem

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Well it's finally happened... I found a Polish jamband. They are called Dzem, which cleverly translates into 'jam'.

It all started at a cottage party last month. Not just any party, it was a Polish polka party! Weird Al can go hide his face in shame, because this was the real deal. Polka music was blasting from the stereo and echoing through the woods, as I was taking my first, sometimes clumsy, polka steps. After all, a Polish man needs to be able to dance his national dance, and now's a good a time to learn as any. There was a rather large contingent of Polish folks at this party (naturally), but among them was this curious outcast looking fellow, Pawel, who seemed rather disinterested with the whole thing. When I got a chance I started talking to him, and within minutes we're on the road smoking a joint. That's when I noticed his t-shirt: black with a simple logo on it that read "Dzem". I asked him about it, and he said that they were a band, and kind of tried to change the topic. I asked what kind of music do they play, and he answered "It's hard to say, they do a bit of reggae, a bit of rock, uh... they like playing long tunes"... I started connecting the dots.

Fast forward to yesterday. With Sharing The Groove down, I turned back to bit torrent downloads on Suprnova. I was browsing the Blues section (because I was looking for "Me and Mr. Johnson" by Eric Clapton), and came across two Dzem torrents. I chose the live show torrent.

I didn't have very high expectations for this stuff at first because I have heard Polish rock before, and I thought it was just awful. But I did let curiosity get the better of me, and I listened to a couple of Dzem tunes. Not too shabby! One tune is reminiscent of a Marley tune which was very well executed, and the second tune completely reminded me of the Allman Brothers Band. I will definietely explore this band a little more.

Anyways, here are some images from their official site, and if you are of the curious and adventurous ilk, you can find the torrent on Suprnova. It's only 64MB to download since it's mp3.

3.jpg

12.jpg

33.jpg

11.jpg

be_d4.jpg