Jambands.ca

Soup's A Good Meal!!

guigsy

so tonight i chopped up and threw a bunch of vegetables into a pot and made my own vegetable soup for shits and giggles. i had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, mini potatoes that i cut up, and i added some chickpeas, too... threw in, oh, about this much salt, and dusted the top with basil leaves a few times and stirred in... oh, and i mixed in a can of tomato paste, too, just cuz it was in the cupboard and i wasnt sure how it got there... brought it to a boil over a few hours, more or less cuz im lazy and didnt want to have to keep an eye on it... i started this thing at 10pm, and i just finished my first bowl now just before 2am, but lemme tell ya, it was worth it, and i'll be damn proud to call the leftovers lunch tomorrow!

soup.... is one of my favourite foods EVER!!! creamy soups, french onion soup, carrot soup, homemade chicken noodle, potato soup, mmm, mmmm, mmmm...... cream & broccoli with cheese makes my mouth water just thinking about it. i could seriously live off soup it's just so damn good! and how do grandmas have the ability to make soup soooo freakin' delicious it's better than most people's steak dinners???

sounds like you threw together a nice batch there, guigs!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, soupa.....

THe Hot and Sour soup is definatley a taste implosion I wasn't expecting, giver a try for sure.

I made soup the other night when i was high, I kept adding pepper. I couldn't taste the pepper so i kept adding it. Most pepper ever, ended up being pretty spicy, as far as black pepper goes anyway.

I love soup. I make all kinds of soup. I made soup for dinner last night--it was delicious! (Curried split pea and potato..mmmm..)

A quote from Basher (who LOVES soup more than any rational person should): I love soup. I don't think you can ever have too much. There's no reason why you shouldn't have it every day!! Sometimes, soup includes corn.

(he also loves corn)

Trevor, the best hot and sour soup in Toronto is @ Cafe 668 (located at 668 Dundas--coincidence?--between Spadina & Bathurst)--no joke, you MUST try it!! You will not be disappointed!