Jambands.ca

Six City Drug Bust

zero

douglas i hear and feel what you are saying. i am pretty square myself, (even pot makes me gag) the only thing i am pretty adamantly against is when people don't have the freedom to make their own choices about what is right for them. i just find it really sad when people have the freedom to make personal choices but lack the skills to make them properly, which many of us have done. i know that when i was doing really stupid sh!t to myself i was glad to have friends that followed shitidiot's advice. (thank-you peaches, for one) i was totally pissed at her for about six months but she has been my best friend for over fifteen years.

I'm glad to see people having a broader conversation around these issues. People have understandably thought of me as hypocritical for being a rager and concerned. I see a conflict there but the two aren't incommensurate. It is probably safe to say that coke is the worst of the drugs out there in terms of the ravage it can have on your life but you know methamphetamines aren't all that hot either. It just seems telling to me that we came up with this kooky name 'molly' for pseudo biker crank and it's all good brah but people talk behind your back if you do anything else.

interesting thread. I think (douglas) that you should talk to the person you are concerned about. Let them know youre worried. I've done the same thing with friends even when there wasnt a huge problem apparent, and it seemed to have an effect on them to realize someone, who is a friend, cares enough to put themselves in a position of dicomfort/weirdness to let them know they're worried. that tends to go a long way. Especially when you've got friends like we've all got here- great people.

At the same time, people are going to party how they want to and its important to respect peoples choices as individuals, maybe remind them you are trusting their judgement. everybody needs to experience things their own way. Try and trust people are grown up enough that they can handle what they get into. This summer has been especially crazy in terms of party party nights- with the cancellations of festivals and other werid happenings through the year, people need to get it in somehow, and i think with the season coming to a close, you'll see less and less of the rager type regular weekend nights... people have jobs, family and school. I guess I figure everyone knows that if they fu©ked themselves up, they'd be hurting themselves and everyone else, and i dont think anyone i know is that selfish.

but when its apparent there is a problem, i think it's in everyone's best interest to check in with the person and make sure they have got things in check.