Jambands.ca

10 Most Hated Men In Rock

zero

The Ten Most Hated Men In Rock

And look who creeps in at number 10. I think I am in love with whoever wrote this sh!t.

10. Bob Weir

You can actually stop truckin' now, Bob. The Dead's insistence on staying on the road post-Jerry Garcia has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the band was just a collection of semi-competent nerds with a prodigiously charismatic and talented frontman. And "Rock Star Bobby" is the worst of the bunch, a bona fide gravy trainer who would've probably invited frequent guest Huey Lewis to join the band as a full-time harmonica player had Garcia not understandably kept his pink Izod-wearing ass in check. Weir's side project, Rat Dog, is basically a below-average bar band with a frontman who needs a teleprompter to remember his own lyrics. But frankly, given our unyielding love for all things Garcia, we were willing to forgive and forget until Weir & Co. jumped on a stage in a movie-studio lot to appear on Leno recently. With Garcia on the injured list (for good), Weir stepped in to sing lead vocals on "Touch of Grey." Horribly. Why he didn't just defecate on Jerry's headstone instead, we'll never know.

oh i did...

Smith was Michael Bolton before Michael Bolton was Michael Bolton.

hahahaha... i always hated G.E. Smith... so glad he wasnt an honourable mention...

this sh!t was great... i love how they rounded out the top 20 and the honourable mentions with just about everybody else. hahaha.

I must say,I've read stuff from alot of dipshits in my time,but this clown comes close to winning the cup for stupidity.

7. G.E. Smith We know: How can a Saturday Night Live bandleader named after a power company qualify for this list? Here's how: Smith served as Hall & Oates' lead guitarist from 1979 until 1985, which marked the peak of the Philly duo's commercial viability. And -- come on -- was there any blond ponytail more ubiquitous than Smith's during his ten-year SNL run? Absolutely not -- homeboy played on every imaginable televised tribute concert, including Bob Dylan's, Live Aid and Farm Aid.

Theres a reason why so many musicians want(ed) G.E Smith....becuase he's a solid session player and a dam fine musician himself.

Carlos ????

Notice the "homeboy" lingo this loser uses,I bet he's into Run DMC and whorships the gangsta rap,all of which has no credible value to me,mostly due to lack of intelligent lyrics or even minimal talent.

Need more proof...

Honorable Mention:

Eric Clapton, Anthony Kiedis, Kid Rock, Scott Weiland, Liam & Noel Gallagher, Zack de la Rocha, Peter Gabriel, Kenny Loggins, George Thorogood, Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bruce Springsteen, Axl Rose, James Hetfield, Ozzy Osbourne, Steve Winwood, Bruce Hornsby, Billy Joel, Dave Matthews, John Popper, Julian Casablancas, Jack White, Rob Thomas, Huey Lewis, Jackson Browne, Dave Grohl, Chris Cornell, Mark McGrath, Melissa Etheridge and the lead singer of Maroon 5 (we're too indifferent to even bother learning his name).

I'm too indifferent to even bother reading the rest of this drivel....but I guess he's got his opinions just as I have mine.

We usually see eye to eye Greg but I think you're missing the point on this one. Sure G.E. Smith is a great player but he is one of the biggest panser looking motherfuggas ever. Just looking at him makes me wretch. He's like a cross between a pilates instructor and the dude who boned your mom after your folks broke up. And Carlos are you kidding me are you gonna defend that Smoove sh!t. Does anybody really buy that Carlos went to Clive Davis and said in a chinga voice 'I want my kids to hear me on the radio'. I mean the fu©king guy wanted to make some coin that's fine but don't say that it is consistent with his body of work. This whole thing is about guys who fell from grace and got sausagized by the media machine. It's all tongue in cheek but I feel their pain and their anger.

I bet he's into Run DMC and whorships the gangsta rap,all of which has no credible value to me,mostly due to lack of intelligent lyrics or even minimal talent.

ha. run dmc maybe in the 80's brah. i'm not much of a hard core gansta fan myself but you can't listen to the Wu tang clan and not say its intelligent, ditto k-os, tribe called quest, etc. HIP HOP music not gansta rap.

How does appearence effect the talent?

Sure Carlos stepped into a new world that I am not fond of,but hell...but how does that rule out the numerous albums and "body of work" he created previous to the cheesey albums he recently done?

I guess I'm different,I enjoy the music musicians make more so then how they dress or cut their hair.Then again,I did finish highschool years ago,leaving behind me those type of things...

Also,not sure when Stevie Ray Vaughan "fell from grace",I guess some folks feel Clapton did with his mellow,refined and sorta adult contemp. style he has (or had),but then again,I can't say how I would be effected if my son died...

ha. run dmc maybe in the 80's brah.

Quite aware of that,I had to stomach it throughout my mid teenage years (16 on)

HIP HOP music not gansta rap.

Notice the AND in my comment,certianly wasn't implying sh!t hop was gangsta rap....that was the 90's.. ::

You're just being a grumpy old man Greg. Anybody in their right mind knows that G.E. Smith is a textbook flouncing nelly. The guy just grates on your nerves and yes appearance does matter when his stupid fu©king ponzi face gets in the way. And yes the whole point of this thing was people who had fallen from grace so their shmaltzy current stuff does count and even overshadows in some cases their huge body of work. I'm glad they gave Sting the ultimate accolade because that guy is a total nelly as well.

grumpy?

Far from it man,I'm in a great mood,in fact I'm celebrating my new job ($28 an hour)...that certianly doesn't make me grumpy...

Well,I guess,if appearnce effects ya so much,it does,be sure to stay clear of me,I ain't lucky enough myself to be one of the beautiful people.I just like good music,made by talented musicians.Period.