Jambands.ca

Cheney warns american voters...

bouche

Dick Cheney warns american voters. Vote for Bush, or ELSE! That must cross the line of one of them there laws they created in the last 3 years.

"DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Vice President Dick Cheney on Tuesday warned Americans about voting for Democratic Sen. John Kerry, saying that if the nation makes the wrong choice on Election Day it faces the threat of another terrorist attack."

more...

i think the american people are being fu©ked over by the republican party's poor logic.

the issue is more a more realistic approach to warfare...not just storming a war through unsuspecting lands. there's still the same threat of 'terror' there was a year ago. it's just that the democrats won't start a war they're not supposed to.

as we all know terrorist organizations won't attack the administration that bombs and shoots innocent civilians in amongst the miltants in their countries and will be much angrier and militant once America withdraws its illegally deployed troops and stops arogantly telling every other country how to run their affairs... actually things have probably gone far enough that might not be getting too far from the truth... I'd sure like to see an admisinstation though who's main plan of action seems to be something other than whacking the hornet nests around the planet

these guys are unbelievable

wonder what the odds in vegas are that there'll be another terrorist strike just before the election

Let's face it, it was a smart thing to say. Many Americans will believe it and vote for Bush, as the American people have been primed to respond to fear. Attempting to find logic in the statement is pointless. There is no logic in it. I know that, you know that, and Cheney knows that. That's what makes him so evil and scary. He knows it's all nonsense, and he knows what he's doing, and yet he carries on. Evil, crazy, frightening man, that Cheney.

I recall watching Cheney speak for a while at Republican National Convention. From that tiny slit in the corner of his mouth he reserves for public speaking, he spoke of the admistration's Middle East adventures as destined to "bring peace to the region". He delivered this promise with the enthusiasm of a basketball team playing with a deflated ball, he clearly didn't believe a word he was saying. I'm sure if someone asked him three seconds later what he just said, he'd have had no idea.

Paisley - your Vegas odds are pretty high. Either that or Bin Laden "suddenly" gets captured in the ninth inning leading up to November 2nd, a heroic victory for the noble US forces of compassion and democracy. Or, he sends US troops into Ireland. Anything could happen!

To me, it just reads that he is personally threatening americans.

no doubt

Rolling Stone Article on Cheney's shady behaviour

Over at Defense, competent intelligence professionals were purged in order to ease the way to war. Douglas Feith, brought in under Rumsfeld to serve as undersecretary of defense for policy, applied an ideological test to his staff: He didn't want competence; he wanted fervor. Col. Pat Lang, a Middle East expert who served under five presidents, Republican and Democratic, in key posts in military intelligence, recalls being considered for a job at the Pentagon. During the job interview, Feith scanned Lang's impressive resume. "I see you speak Arabic," Feith said. When Lang nodded, Feith said, "Too bad," and dismissed him.