Jambands.ca

Modest Mouse

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Modest Mouse is currently my favorite band going. I own three of their CDs, downloaded two DVDs, and saw them in concert this past summer. Not a single time was I disappointed by any of it. This band has definitely forged its own space in musical genres as it ranges from Pixie-like jams to Clash inspired rockers to ambient soundscapes that gently carry you away.

The gem of their musical collection is The Moon and Antarctica, which is the most original album since Radiohead's OK Computer. Going back in time there is This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About, their first full length LP. If there ever was an appropriate record for those nice sunny road trips, this would be it. No loud in your face rockers, yet just enough energetic soundscapes to act as perfect soundtracks to your summer adventures. Their latest album Good News For People Who Like Bad News is their most serious foray in assaulting the mainstream. The first single Float On is catchy as fu©k, yet does not compromise the distinct Modest Mouse sound.

If this band is not careful they will join the ranks of bands that will forever be on my untouchable list along with Radiohead, Nirvana, The Doors, The White Stripes and Catherine Wheel.

02-05-04a.jpg

2-18-02e.jpg

(Look! It's a Word t-shirt! These guys MUST be cool, right?)

Guest Low Roller

One at a time Guigsy. I just got "This Is A Long Road" today, so I'm going to digest it fully, making sure I jerk off to every track before I head to the next album. ;)

alright, alright... but then after lonesome crowded, ya gotta pick up building nothing out of something... actually, i might get that one first... or get them at the same time... whatever you can find, man...

and i completely agree with the moon and antarctica sentiment... one of the best records ever, by anyone, im my opinion.

(Look! It's a Word t-shirt! These must MUST be cool, right?)

hah... that's actually what i thought when i saw the pic ::

LOVE the word!

i have been lovin modest mouse too, a little gem they are, and i have to thank the guigs for introducing them to me. ¡gracias señor guigs! ::

Guest Low Roller

Modest Mouse at Capital Music Hall in early August was the best show I've seen thus far this year. Douglas and Velvet can vouch for the awesomeness of the band.

I checked out their tour schedule and unfortunately they are not touring up here anytime soon. The closest they are going to get is New York City in November. Hmmm....

yeah, they dont get here too often... last show in toronto before this past august was 2000 at the opera house... and yeah, they tore the roof of the fu©ker. i've been waiting for round 2 ever since, but it just wasnt in the cards in august...

i wouldnt be surprised if you get to see them more in europe than we do here, actually.

Guest Low Roller

You know what, Built To Spill and Pavement are two bands I haven't really had a chance to check out yet, as shocking as that may sound. I'll definitely try to give them a listen. Thanks for the recommendation Purple Foot.