Jambands.ca

Morbid Question?

Velvet

One time a friend was putting on a play that required a coffin. A local funeral home agreed to loan a European-style coffin that had been used to ship a soul back to Canada to the production. I had a station wagon at the time, and was enlisted to pick up and return said casket.

European style is the classic Dracula scary coffin, essentially a wooden box in that distinctive shape. Anywho, got the coffin to the theatre and I got inside. My friends closed the lid and made shovel sounds outside. Very very creepy. Then I got out. Lots of people get in coffins but not too many get out.

When I returned it I asked what would happen with it. They said they were gonna destroy it. I asked if I could keep it and they said no. I asked if I could buy it and they showed me the door.

i was once in a house that had a coffin for a coffee table, no lid, just a piece of glass. They had another one that was standing, again with no lid and had placed shelves in it. I was a kid at the time and remember practically latching onto my father from the moment i set foot in that house. The coffins were those european dracula-esque ones that you were talking about todd...if you really want one, i'm sure you can get one.

Good ones esau. I'll be thinking about this one for days:

"I'm one too many mornings, and a thousand miles behind"

When you gonna visit Ottawa anywho? I got yer busty crash space.

Thanks,but the credit goes to Dylan,they are all Bob quotes/lyrics whatever...

Here's the complete song >> One Too many mornings ,its on my blog,which I have not posted on since july,guess I should get to it somtime...

I'm sorta hoping to make my premier Ottawa appearence perhaps at the end of the month,not 100% on that yet though.

Here's one more just to keep with the topic....

• So when you see your neighbor carryin' somethin',
    Help him with his load,
    And don't go mistaking Paradise
    For that home across the road.

"Wow, didn't see THAT coming ..."

"I told you the warranty was no good."

"Never rip the tag off your mattress. Ever."

"Who knew that 'boy germs' could be fatal?"

"Now you'll NEVER get rid of me."

"When I said I wanted a 'stiff one,' I didn't mean *this*."

"Nobody warned me life was terminal."

"Still better than your wife."