Jambands.ca

Black Crowes Reunion all set

briguy

THE BLACK CROWES ANNOUNCE REUNION,

NEW BOXED SET AND 2005 TOUR

The hiatus is over and "the most rock and roll rock and roll band in the

world" is about to make some noise again.

Brothers CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON of THE BLACK CROWES have announced that

the rockers are reuniting their band, releasing a new boxed set of

unreleased and rare live material as well as hitting the road for a

massive tour for the first time since 2001.

The brothers have brought back guitarist Audley Freed and longtime

keyboardist Ed Harsch. A drummer and bassist have yet to be named. The

band is anticipating a North American tour beginning in April or May of

2005 which will be followed by a world tour later that same year.

However, the first matter of business is a new boxed set that will consist

mainly of unreleased material, rare live performances and b-sides. Though

still in preliminary production, it looks as though there will be 3 cd's

and one dvd in the package. "We wanted to create something really cool and

special for the fans," says front man CHRIS ROBINSON. Tentative release

date is scheduled for March, 2005.

But what will really be music to everyone's ears is that the group will be

performing live on stage again. And according to RICH ROBINSON, "That's

where THE BLACK CROWES belong. We built our reputation with our live

performances and both Chris and I are itching to play together again and

create that special vibe." Almost three years after announcing a hiatus,

the brothers are rested and raring to go. "We both needed a break and get

a few things out of our system. Now we're fired up man." exclaims Chris.

"I called Rich a few months ago and said, hey, I think it's time. He said

'Let's go.' We got a few surprises in store that I guarantee will have

every CROWES fan dancing on top of their seats when they come to our

show."

More details will be announced at a later date.

im glad i'll probably get to see the black crowes finally, but i really wish they'd leave the word "reunion" out of it... i think it just cheeses it up. its just a word i dislike.

now, does anyone think that perhaps the break-up of phish is directly related to the decision for this band to get back together and tour in 2005? the next summer without phish...

I can't wait to see the Black Crowes again! I'm so happy they are getting back together, but no Steve Gorman? Now the only two original members are the brothers!

The best line up the Black Crowes had was with Marc Ford (from "Southern Harmony..." to "Three Snakes") on second or lead guitar, I wish he was back in the band instead of Audley Freed. Freed is good but he is no Ford.

All that said I still can't wait.

now, does anyone think that perhaps the break-up of phish is directly related to the decision for this band to get back together and tour in 2005? the next summer without phish...

Why the hell would Chris and Rich Robinson give a hoot and holler what happened about Phish? I bet Phish has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that two brothers decided to reform their old band. The world doesn't revolve around Phish.

And if Phish didn't break up The Black Crowes would do just as well on tour next year, they have a large hardcore following of there own of people that love great southern based rock and roll, which has nothing to do with jamming.

I wish I could find the link,but the Crowes are scheduled to play a festival or a tribute,possibly a charity show with a bunch of other bands before this reunion tour.I'd imagine this has sparked the reunion tour.

Sorry but I can't remember where I read this info.

phish and the crowes don't really share an audiance. rich robinson probably didn't even hear phish broke up because of that rock he's been living under.

haha, well, this wasnt really a serious question to begin with, just thought i'd put it out there... but now, im not sure what im most suprised about:

1) southern rock and jamming have nothing to do with each other? allman bros.?

2) there are no crossover fans between phish and the black crowes? i think they do share an audience.. i think there are fans of both bands on this very board (gasp!).

or 3) the fact that is too out there an idea for everyone but me. maybe it really is just me... hahaha...

but, i'll stand by my point that the idea of appealing to a slightly larger market that is now going to have slightly more dollars in their bank accounts might have crossed their minds when they decided to tour again... not saying they wouldnt have toured one day eventually, and im not saying the tour wouldnt have been a success regardless, i dont even care, im just saying the timing makes sense for a high profile band to get back together and tour, and its entirely possible for someone in the loop to have recognized that, and the lucrativeness of it. thats all. perhaps the thought really did never cross their minds, but i dont think its an unfair question to put out there.

see ya at the shows!

Ouch,I guess I should read all the posts,I didn't even read your first one about all this...strange.

2) there are no crossover fans between phish and the black crowes? i think they do share an audience.. i think there are fans of both bands on this very board (gasp!).

Hmmm,thats a rather general blanket comment isn't it?One could say the same about any number of bands.

What does Motorhead & Phish have in common,there is a shared audience there also.

Or

So what does Phish & The Incredible String Band have in common?

They are doing a reunion tour now also.

;)

I just don't think one band disbanding has anything to do with the other reuniting. I think if the Crowes decided to reunite this past summmer the crowd wouldn't be any bigger/smaller despite the fact that Phish was briefly on tour. I don't think Phish being on tour has ever affected Black Crowes ticket sales. That's why I don't really see it mattering