Jambands.ca

Trinity Bellwoods drum jam

CyberHippie

It was my roommate and his new band who made their debut last week at the park that brought out the generator. I think he's intending to do it again, but I almost always work Tuesday nights, so I don't have a clue what they sound like or when I'll get a chance to hear them. The band he used to be in, Ontario Hydro, were very cool though, so I have faith that this one is worth checking out too ::

I went to this jam almost every week last summer when I lived in Toronto. It's really awesome. Some of the best drumming I've ever been a part of, lots of cute girls, and the cops are usually really reasonable and friendly when they eventually inevitably show up. Check it out, for sure!

I go out to the park on Tuesday nights whenever I remember that it's tuesday. I went a few times earlier in the summer, but haven't been very much this year. The drum circle is in the little valley in the park, and last year the cops would always show up at 11 or 11:15, coming down into the valley from all directions. I assume they're still doing it this year too. They don't really hassle anyone, they just want the noise to stop at a reasonable hour. (Which is kind of silly, because the sound doesn't really travel out of the valley anyway). I'm going to try to be there around 9 or 10 tomorrow I think.