Jambands.ca

Rober Randolph tomorrow night

CyberHippie

I want to see this guy... how much are tickets, I may be in TO tomorrow night.

$25.00

Mine were anyway,I wish I had known you were interested in going,I just got rid of my two yesterday since going out on a work night,beer & Esau seem to not mesh anymore and I need the work more then a show.

Although I agree about the No Quarter cover, and there were certainly a few gems during the show, for the most part I thought that show was quite disappointing. I have no doubt that the band would agree. The never-ending sound problems made for a dis-jointed performance that actually made me wince with pain (both musical and physical) on more than one occassion. I still think that this is absolutely one of the hottest bands out there but, this was not a particularily fine example of their abilities.

Nice to see everyone out!

oh I don't mean the sound really, I just hate the room in general. I've had good times there but I can't stand going there. The place was only about half full which is pretty great considering the promoters did their best to hide this show from the general public. It was really nice being able to move and get a drink in less than 25 mintues at a Robert Randolph show in Toronto though.

The Phoenix's sound doesn't always suck. Moe. with nero last year had great sound.

I'm going to have to disagree with that statement. I've been to the Phoenix about 6 times through the years and the sound, as a while, always sucks. That's not to say that there are not spots where it sounds pretty good but if you walk around the place, there are more crappy sounding spots than good sounding spots. As far as the Nero/Moe. show went, it was terrible sounding in the entire back half of the place. Thankfully Mark Tonin dragged by sorry ass up near the front where he had definitely found a nice sounding pocket, albeit entirely too loud.