Jambands.ca

x

Joan

i started my job at the library and the people all seem really smart and my job is fun. there is also a vegetarian cafe with internet access in the basement. i think that is an omen that i am supposed to work there. it is a five minute walk from my apartment (which i love) and i have an hour for lunch so that means i get to come home for lunch. i love it!

In the "great food" vein, last night for dinner I had what I think is the best omelette I've ever made/had:

- one slice of paprika salami, chopped up small and fried (to render a bit of the fat)

- one small onion, diced

- one spoonful of hot antipasto sauce

- half a tomato, diced

I put all that in a fry pan and let it go for a while, then added:

- two eggs + half an eggshell of water

and then when they had set up a bit, I added:

- fresh cracked pepper

- sprinkle of oregano + sprinkle of basil

- fresh grated parmesan cheese

- ketchup (after folding & putting it on the plate)

That, plus 2.5 pieces of (whole wheat) toast, and a bottle of Unibroue Ephemere (peach), made for a killer meal. I forced myself to chew more slowly, and chew longer, to savour every bite.

Aloha,

Brad

thanks, sunshine! i'll be sure soak up some extra sun (and marvel and a good ol' huron sunset) just for you! whereabouts are you from?

the girl i am going with lives here in town (we've been friends since the first day of grade one!), but her family has had a cottage up there since, like, the beginning of time. it's actually really cool, it's pretty close to "town", but it's very secluded (almost impossible in sauble!). her grandparents bought the original lot years ago, and other family members have since bought the surrounding lots... so it's something like 4 lots in row, all owned by her family, with a few cottages bulit up on the property. it backs onto a small forest too. best part, we're going to be the only ones up there!!!!!!!!

Geez, that sounds really tasty. I've really been into the hot hot genoa salami lately. I'm going to try that with eggs this weekend!

Now, back to our regular scheduled topic.

In the "great food" vein, last night for dinner I had what I think is the best omelette I've ever made/had:

- one slice of paprika salami, chopped up small and fried (to render a bit of the fat)

- one small onion, diced

- one spoonful of hot antipasto sauce

- half a tomato, diced

I put all that in a fry pan and let it go for a while, then added:

- two eggs + half an eggshell of water

and then when they had set up a bit, I added:

- fresh cracked pepper

- sprinkle of oregano + sprinkle of basil

- fresh grated parmesan cheese

- ketchup (after folding & putting it on the plate)

That, plus 2.5 pieces of (whole wheat) toast, and a bottle of Unibroue Ephemere (peach), made for a killer meal. I forced myself to chew more slowly, and chew longer, to savour every bite.

Aloha,

Brad

I get to do all my school courses sitting at home in my P.j's and listening to great music. ( I've only been out of my pj's for a total of abou 4 hours since Saturday night)

I get to watch James Bond movies for one of my classes.

It's the second day of fall and it's sunny and warm.

I just had cheese wiz.