Jambands.ca

Dish The Dirt III

zero

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest fear would be loosing Mike or my dad. These two men mean everything to me and I wouldn't want to know what it's like to be without them.

I'm also terrified of swimming in the ocean (lakes I'm fine with though). I saw a jelly fish and a sandshark the first time I was in the ocean and it just proved to me that there are things I don't know about down there. *shiver*

The thing I'm most unwilling to compromise on is telling the truth. I learned early on that lies hurt. If someone lies than I can't trust anything they say from then on, and it completely ruins their integrity. Liars are scummy and because I feel so strongly about it, I'll never lie. (unless it's to cover up a happy surprise of course!)

i'm scard of vampires. they want to suck my blood! no really "i all ways feel like some one's watching me" i know it's those blood sucking vampires! maybe i'm just paranoid. but what if they are real......... ::

oh i can't stand cheapness. like when you bought around of drinks for your tabel of friends and then next person does the same and so and so on. then the cheap person goes and only gets a beer for them self and is like "oh i'm broke man!" then you see him buy 5 more drinks for him self. oooooooo! cheapness drives me nuts

My fear - crawling out from under this rock.

Hey! Whadda ya' know! I just did it!

Sorry for the drama the other day. I still don't really understand why I felt it necessary to leave this place when this place had absolutely nothing to do with it. Guess I was just feeling helpless, sad, and frustrated. In the end, I was only punishing myself. My head now has slowed to a wobbling spin, but still spinning nonetheless. And now I'm feeling slightly embarrassed, but this thread has given me a good opportunity to suck it up and get on with it.

oh, and I fear creepy crawlers like no other. I also fear getting lost (but not being lost)

Good to see you back Duggles, and try not to feel too bad about it - several of us have had weird days posting irrational stuff (I had an episode back there in February that I'd rather forget).

On topic, my fears know no end, but some of the biggies are fear of my cat, my parents, and my friends being dead, and fear of living in the standard 9 to 5 world. Today has been fine so far.

My dreams are to be successful in everything I do. Create a beautiful, loving, stable environment for a family one day. And to have a little hobbie farm in the country.

I fear losing the most amazing love that I've ever experienced in the past 6 months. I fear for my own health, and the health of my family and friends. I fear financial unstability.

I also fear dark areas where I can't see.

I hate liars, and have learned not to tolerate them anymore in my life, and not let those people hurt me.

****(Douglas glad you're back)

mark another one down for lake monsters. my heart stopped beating a few times at come together while swimming. i manage to avoid lakes, but i LOVE swimming.

I've boiled most of my fears in life into a fear of making a mistake, the wrong decision or choice. Literally every fear i have can be boiled down to this point. Then i asked myself, why am i afraid to make a mistake, can't i pick up the pieces and move on? Do I trust myself to be able to fix anything I break? Well, while self-reliance is an issue with me, I'm working on it and as I work harder and get better at it, i trust myself more to be able to fix it, and fear all my fears a little bit less. Everyday I move ahead 1 critical inch towards my goals, I may not know exactly what they are (like some of you) but i still know i'm getting there and making (hopefully) the most out of the time i have to prepare for these events.

on the re-occuring dream thing and while i'm feeling chatty - ever since my dad died 6 years ago i've had this dream off and on, minimum once every coupla months sometimes everynight. anyways i'm laying in my childhood bedroom, but with someone elses furniture, and this crazy scare you shitless monster comes in through the firescape and starts chasing me through the apt, down the stairs through the hallway down the stairs (there were 16 floors in this building). I've recently realized that this monster is my childhood imaginery friend Abee-loo-bee-loo. He was this monster that I befriended and turned into a nice creature at age 5. I got rid of him by throwing him down the garbage chute. So right at the moment that the once tamed but now snarling crazy monster is about to get me, my father appears on the floor above us and calls to distract the monster. And of course i watch this thing kill my dad while i'm screaming for it to leave him alone and come get me.

This dream has become more detailed over time. at first i didn't know what/who the monster was, i'd never get quite so far away as i do now, each time getting farther before my father saves me. I keep getting these clues that are slowly (6 freakin years!) unraveling themselves into something understandable. I feel like Nancy Drew solving the mystery of the repetative nightmare with this thing seriously.

Recurring dreams are crazy, I've had a few over my lifespan:

Both of these I had as kids:

1) Trapped in Frankenberry and Count Chocula's castle, and can't find a way out. For some reason this is scary. Sounds like fun now though.

2) Being totally paralyzed as a kidnapper is coming up to stick a needle in me, and abduct me.

This one I started having in university, and still get it now and then when i'm stressed:

For whatever reason I'll latch two of my teeth together (on the top and bottom) and I'll pull on them until one tooth finally gives and breaks/crumbles. While doing it I know I should stop because I'm going to break a tooth but I just can't stop myself. After it happens I'm in total shock because I'm sure it's real and not a dream, and I've just broken a fu©king tooth!

As a little kid, my recurring dream was my Mom & Dad & I being chased around a house (not ours) by the Devil.

One weird dream story: when I was about 18 or thereabouts I had a dream, and in the dream was a man identified to me as my grandfather. Now, I had never met either of my granddads: my father's dad died when he was a teenager and my Mom's died early, although she had a step-dad who also passed away in Scotland when I was a baby in Canada. So, when I got up next day and the image was fresh, I went to where I knew there were old family photos and there he was: just as in my dream. Freaked me out - I hadn;t looked at those phtos in years! But somehow, that image got into my brain and into my dream. Freaky!

The other thing that happens to me is, mixing and matching things. So, in my dream, I'll be in University again but the school building itself is my high school, stuff like that.

I also remember a weirdly vivid dream when I was a teenager wherein my friend and I took off to Ottawa to see the Grateful Dead at the Congress Centre (although I wouldn't go into that building until years later - DMB 1998). Dreaming about rock bands and the Devil - no wonder I enjoy drinking!

Hey Ms. Hux/Sunshine/whoever else wants to answer this:

I'm curious about what you say about lies and liars - not because I don't think you're sincere, but because I've struggled with it myself.

Trust is hugely important to me as well, I've lost friends (or at least become a lot less close with certain friends) over the issue of trust. But what about the lies we tell all the time to spare people's feelings? Like lying to someone about what you're doing so they won't know they're invited to a particular party you are, things like that? Or in work situations when you need to protect some piece of information? I find I sometimes have trouble with these kind of things, but often find myself telling the lie. How do you deal with these sort of things?

Peace,

Mr. M.

When I was little I had a re-occuring dream that My dad and I got locked into the school gymnasium- during the bazaar, and there was a large black wolf that was in there ravaging the baked goods and snarling and drooling and sh!t. and it chased us in circles.. until it bit my dad's ass.. havent thought of that in years. We're fu©ked up here- sweet!

Mr. Musicface, I think we all have to tell certain white lies from time to time (my boss is under the impression that I think he's the smartest, most handsome and funny man on the planet). I lied to Mike around his birthday to conceal a secret. I sometimes tell my mom that I feel fine even when I don't so that she won't worry about me. I've sourced information from competing companies by posing as a customer. I've told people that I like their hair.... you know that kind of thing isn't terrible.

We all know the big lies that can hurt people so I don't need to go into that, but here's another scenario for you.

A very close family member who I should have been able to trust everything she said from the time I was a child until now is a pathological liar. What time is it? She'll tell me something different, she'll tell tall tales about her drive to and from work, she'll tell me she works for one place when she works somewhere else or is unemployed, she'll say she was here when she was there. Little lies that really shouldn't mean much of anything, but compounded to be very hurtful. Anyway a few years ago this person told me they had a brain tumour. I should have cried, I should have offered support, but I didn't really believe it was true (not because of denial, just her historical lies). Apparently she received treatment and it is cured, but I still couldn't tell you whether it happened or not. She also told me she bought a house. I should be celebrating with her but I can't tell if it's true or not.

It sucks not believe ANYTHING she says. I want to but my brain shuts off when she talks to avoid the disappointment of finding out it was all a lie.

...Anyway a few years ago this person told me they had a brain tumour...

Ohmygawd Ms. Hux, I actually knew a girl who did the exact same thing!

She was going out with a guy who I was really good friends with at the time, and I was talking to him and another close mutual friend late one night, and they started talking about all this stuff that was going on with this girl. She supposedly also had a brain tumour, but somehow she was playing soccer on a competitive level mens team the same day she was supposed to have chemotherapy, and then going and competing at these high level piano recitals and all sorts of other things later that week...

Now, anyone who knows anything about how chemo effect people is reading this and thinking "bullshit", right? Which is how I reacted when I heard. The weird part, because they were close to her and trusted her so much they didn't question it. I was coming at it as something of an outsider 'cus I only knew her causally and didn't know all this stuff until I heard them say it. I so I started going over it with them, saying "guys, this doesn't add up".

It's a very weird thing to watch someone's world unravel - the one guy was totally in love with this girl, and suddenly started to realize that everything he'd ever told him could be a lie.

One irony is the guy in the story is the guy in question, who was once one of my very best friends... well I'll just say we got into a situation a while later where I didn't feel I could trust HIM, and since then we've never really been close anymore. We still have a lot of the same friends and stuff, and I still see him, but it's still very weird. It's sucks to have to go through that sort of thing, I know firsthand.

- M.

I guess it is had to say I won't put up with liars when we all know day in and day out, there's little white lies when it comes to things like work. But if a friend asked...how does this outfit look? And I don't like it...I tell them the truth.

However there's lies/ liar's that revolve around people's feelings....deceit perhaps?

Especially in relationships.....oh my girlfriend/ boyfriend might not like that I did "this" today, so I'm going to tell them something different. I guess my feelings stem from past relationships. When it comes to loved ones, you should be able to tell the truth, and be able to trust. Otherwise there's no sense wasting your time giving your love.