Jambands.ca

Dish The Dirt III

zero

Mr. Musicface- i've had situations were I've lost trust in my friends. That's when I decide...ok. we are not all perfect, so I'll still be their friend; however, you keep your distance. Maybe not share so many intimate feelings with them - more just have fun if they are around in your group of friends!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been scared that I would wake up one day and just not be me, just kinda waking up in the middle of someone else's life. Even though I envy other people's life from time to time, it would still be scarey as hell to wake up as them.

I am also scared to sleep with my toes uncovered.

Mr. Musicface- i've had situations were I've lost trust in my friends. That's when I decide...ok. we are not all perfect, so I'll still be their friend; however, you keep your distance. Maybe not share so many intimate feelings with them - more just have fun if they are around in your group of friends!

Yeh, I've been there too. There's one guy in particular who I would still say is a friend, but I just got fed up with his crap. I actually remember the final straw with this guy was when he pushed me, unprovoked, into a pool. Which wouldn't have been a big deal if (a) I hadn't been fully clothed and wrecked a nice leather wallet I'd just got as a gift, and some photos in the wallet that meant a lot to me and (B) if this had been a first offence, but it wasn't - this guy did stuff like this all the time, which was fine when we were kids but now we were 25 or 26. Anyway I just got fed up, and made a conscious decision not to avoid him completely, but just not to be as close anymore. And that's held for like 7 or 8 years, and doubt we'll ever be as close as we were when we were younger.

I guess this is different than lying, but to me it was still a trust issue 'cus I couldn't trust him to be serious. Does that make sense?

- M.

I am also scared to sleep with my toes uncovered.

hah... when i was younger i would NEVER let body parts out from under the blanket, and i especially would not dangle feet or hands over the side of the bed... even now i don't put my face too close to the ladder [i have a bunk bed :)] because you never know what scary beast might pop up! gee... i kind of sound like a 4-year old... bunk beds, monsters... ah well! for the record, i am also afraid of lake and ocean monsters. i love swimming, but always ALWAYS with a buddy. lake monsters are much smaller when you're with a buddy.

i think my biggest fear is just that i'm going to really fu©k up my life, heheh... i have a tendency to be lazy and focus more on having fun in this moment than worrying about the future, because hey, the future's uncertain as jim would say, and something heavy could fall on me [that's not really one of my fears, tho] and then wouldn't i regret not going to that show or whatever it was?... however you can't really live every day this way, as i've learned. duh.

anyhoo. yeah i always have these images of myself as a street person. "what happened to her?" "oh she was too lazy and partied too much so now she lives under a bridge." "oh."

oh and i'm afraid of never seeing people again. always when i say goodbye there's that twinge... ick.

yeah. but for now i have a job and an apartment [and great great people] so i'm pretty happy. yippee!

nifty thread, by the way.

PS i am spying on my neighbour giving his cat hell, and i think blowing in it's face for punishment. apparently the cat is "so mean!". hah!

I use to be afraid of shrimp. My sister thought it was funny and chased me around the house with an armful of shrimp, trying to stuff them down my shirt and in my pants. I screamed and cried and hyperventilated.

And I often have nightmares of being brutally murdered. Not almost murdered where I wake up first or get saved, but I actually get slaughtered and then I wake up. The worst one was when my friend's grandmother stabbed a pen into my head. I could feel the blood running down my face and I faded to black. I had a 'killer' headache all day.

I had a dream once where I was talking to a family (which I later realised was the family on the cover of Rush's Moving Pictures album) about their one son, who had bloodied workgloves where his feet shoulda been. He walked all funny, and the dad was talking to me about suing someone. Next thing we're in my living room, and I call up to my girlfriend to come downstairs and meet them. When I turn back to the family, they're gone, vanished, and I freak out. Panicked, I run up the stairs, past the cd and notebook on the third step up to my room, and as I open the door I wake up, just before seeing my girlfriend on the other side of the door, who I know is standing there with her face melted.

When I woke from that dream next to my girlfriend, I was more scared than I've ever been. It was over an hour before I could even tell her about it.

I don't know why I was so scared, I guess 'cuz it was so real - the notebook and cd were there, it was really my living room, etc., and it was just odd. But I do know if that sucker recurred, I would make myself a candidate for lobotomy. I couldn't handle that fear on a nightly basis.

Dreams is weird, that's fer sure.

I do have recurring dreams where I'm playing pinball. Nothing happens, just pinball. They're awesome!

first of all, this is the best thread i've seen on here in a long time, maybe ever.. 60 posts and not an ill word toward another.. that is unfuckenbelievable.

now...

What are you afraid of?

well, lots of things. right now im kind of afraid to post thoughts like these, for fear of how i might be looked at afterwards. im always afraid of saying the wrong thing, or doing the wrong thing, and also the opposite, afraid of saying or doing nothing when i should have. i think mostly because human beings confuse the sh!t out of me. i really have no idea what any one person is thinking at any given time. how could i? i also have a fear of rejection. a fear of being alone. and a fear of committment. none of that seems to add up. but i think i can get past any of those. the ones that really get me are my fear of not being able to do what i truly want to do with my life and sharing it with the person i want to share it with. thats the worst one because i cant control any of that on my own. at least 50% of the outcome of those things lies in someone elses hands, and im afraid im not gonna find the right person(s). you know, i can take the most amazing photograph in the world, but unless someone else thinks so, too, and wants to pay me for it, im still working a bullshit job just so i can eat. i can meet the most amazing girl on the planet and fall absolutely in love with every cubic millimeter of her being and it doesnt matter if she's got other things on her mind. thats what im afraid of. at the moment, im living my fears, and its ruining me.

What is your aspiration?

As a photographer, i want to be really fu©kin good. the best i've seen. being remembered through my photos would be great, but i'd just as rather have them stand on their own as bookmarks in time for someone elses history, anyone's history really.

As a man, just really very nice and good, you know, kind, respectful, happy. i only want to do good things. for people, too, if i can contribute to the greater good, thats what i want to do.

What are you unwilling to compromise on?

artistic integrity for one thing, and thats probably why i am where i am. also, im not willing to be something im not for anyone.

And how 'bout those little babies that come out of vaginas?

those little babies are gonna have a real rough go if we dont get our sh!t together.

"Mother Theresa said we should get our sh!t together.. what was she talkin' about?"

first of all, this is the best thread i've seen on here in a long time, maybe ever.. 60 posts and not an ill word toward another.. that is unfuckenbelievable.

Yeah, well, suck my ass, you fucknut.

Aaaahhhhhhhhhh......... that felt nice......... ::

(obviously, j/k quigsy! ::)

Definintely would have to say that this is indeed an interesting thread. And would have to sort of place myself amongst those whose fears include being afraid of failure but also sucess i think, at the same time. I am really not sure which one it is, except that i know i am smart and have some good talents and knowledge in me but i do sh!t about it!!! So which one is it?? I am not quite sure. Maybe just afraid of makin a mistake. Other fears would be dyin' young of unnatural causes and, admittedly, stayin home overnight in my parent's house with no one home! Every noise freaks me out. I've lived on my own and been fine but here i get a little freaked. I think it is cuz our house was broken into when i was little.

One more fear is gettin in a high speed accident in my poor little civic. I have been in little accidents..damage but no injuries...but i swear to god i almost get hit at least 3 times a week!! No one seems to see my little car!

Aspirations

To eventually get out of ontario, back out west, finish my Clinical Herbalist diploma, livin' in a house I built myself (preferably cob or strawbale..ya know ;))on a nice chunk of land, livin off the land (no more dependence on the gov't or corporations) and just being. Married to a simple man with a couple kids would be nice, workin part time, doin what i love to do but still being financially stable. Continuing to grow and learn on this journey.

I would never comprimise on my beliefs and principles and trust and honesty. Always willing to hear what others have to say about their beliefs and willing to change mine if i agree or learn something new. But i wouldn't back down on mine just to make someone else happy.

I am afraid of losing touch with who I am. I'm one of those people that adapts to different environments, different groups of friends, etc. When I'm with my girlfriend I'm calm, somewhat quiet, funny but not really loud. when I'm with my high school friends in Toronto I'm loud and ridiculous...I insist in a good way but can't vouch for others whove seen me. I'm far more verbose on Jambands.ca then elsewhere, and at work I can be short-fused and stressed out.

What worries me is when all these comfortable lines blur to a degree, and I'm afraid that people who've known me for years in one way will see that the real "me" is not what they expected. Maybe that means I'm not really that interesting to talk to. I had a pretty unusual friendship with somebody who really called me on this alot, and knew that I was this way and made every effort possible to make me challenge myself. I wish he and I hadn't drifted apart. It's not that I'm unhappy being adaptable but I wonder if I put up an unbelievable front that prevents others from really getting to know me?

My aspiration is to wake up happy every day. Happy with who I am, what I'm doing with myself, and what I'm doing that day. That's a very broad and possibly unrealistic expectation but so far I've been able to roll with the punches in the last 26 years and want to be able to not only take what comes your way but get something out of life every day as if you're going to die in your sleep.

I'm with Ms. Hux on the dishonesty train, as for what I'm unwilling to compromise on. This is mostly because as a kid I lied all the time. I also got caught and felt like garbage all the time. I'm trying to be a better person in that regard but I expect it of the people I'm with too....

I'm not exactly a physically imposing person...average height and average weight and all that...but I've put myself in dangerous situations to defend someone who was being unfairly portrayed or characterized. So far I haven't had the crap kicked out of me for doing it but I've never wavered in helping someone out who needs it. This includes getting in between a friend and a drunken a$$hole who was too much a pansy to roll up the sleeves so instead keyed my car a few years back...this includes cutting in on a drunken guy dancing with a different friend and getting a pitcher of beer on the head. I guess based on those examples the sore spot has always been people treating women in a way that's just not acceptable....I'm getting fired up just thinking about all of these guys. And Luke's not the only Kung-Fu master around here!

My greatest fears are three things...(in no particular order)

I am extremely claustaphobic, (sorry about the spelling) I have dreams of being hand cuffed and locked in a box face down, and I almost die each time I have it...

I am afraid of myself, that I will fu©k things up and be a total failure...

I am afraid of being alone, there are certain things I want to share with the right person, and I am afraid that it might not happen...

and I just thought of a fourth...

that the phrase "amor vincit omnia" is not true...

I'm afraid of not being funny. Like when you say something funny and people chuckle to break the uncomfortable silence. Seriously. I like being funny, and I wanna crawl under a rock when I'm not funny.

Like the time I called my boss a stupid sunnuvabitch (in a really funny voice...I swear!) I'd rather eat rocks than see that look on his face again.

I'm also afraid of rocks.

oh, so i wanted to talk a bit about the dreams, cuz as i was reading some of them i was finding some similarities to some things i've experienced.

one particular re-occuring dream that i've had for as long as i can remember, less frequently as i've gotten older to once in a blue moon now, but still it comes back, is that i am in this dark room with a reddish kinda light, artificial light for sure, this is a warehouse type place, and its very wide, closed in, no ventilation, stuffy, humid, etc, and im running back and forth between these 2 walls, at varying speeds, which are determined by the tempo of the drone that is coming out of the guy who is making me run back and forth.. i dont exactly know what he is, cuz i never see him, but he's there, on this platform in one of the walls, in like a throne type thing, but i never see what he looks like, i just hear the voice.. the drone... as it goes up in pitch and faster, i run faster, and it gets real low and slows down, so do i, and i get really dehydrated... i always wake up from this dream ultra dehydrated.

another recurring dream i've had, well, its actually more or less an act that occurs within a dream, as its happened in various dreams, but where i go to speak, or yell, or scream, and nothing comes out, i go to run, and i run way too slow... comically slow... i try to move, and i am paralyzed. when my mom was diagnosed with brain tumours one of the symptoms she had was dreams such as this and apparently these are actually little seizure type things that you're having in your sleep... tremors i think they called them.. something like that.. anyways, again, another one i used to get a lot when i was younger, but a lot less frequently now.

someone also mentioned about being locked somewhere with their dad and that triggered a thought about the dream that is probably the most vivid in my memory, even though i only ever had it once, and i was very young, maybe 6-ish. i mean, i've had tons of dreams since then over and over that i'll never remember, but this one, for whatever reason, this one in a million shot sticks out, and i cant explain it at all... here it is, my dad and i are in westcliffe mall in hamilton, mohawk rd. w, around upper paradise i think? is that right? anyways, we're in westcliffe mall walking around in the hallway, and out of nowhere the place gets taken over by all these guys in green suits, like, combat suits, and they had big guns, and they were extremely aggressive and they locked us all in the stores, and held us hostage there. they were bigtime, man, i mean, they had their sh!t together, well equipped and not taking any sh!t. the uniforms, when i think about it now, remind me very much of fidel's military get up. anyways, why the fu©k westcliffe mall? seriously.