Jambands.ca

Soulive - yeah!!!

MuleMomma

I really don't want to be the first to post, 'cause I have no idea about the setlist...I know there were a lot of favourites played, but since vinyl became CD, song titles seem to elude me somewhat. Anyway, the band were on fire (no tapers unfortunately), and the horn section was a welcome addition! I'd say the room was a bit echoey - sometimes the distortion in the Opera House can work to your advantage, sometimes not - but all in all, the room was fairly full, so most of it was absorbed. I loved the show, and as I said before, what a treat seeing them north of the border - thanks Marky for bringing these guys our way after such a long time.

The only thing that kinda bothered me was, what's with the 75-minute set, plus encore? God, ya figure they come all this way, why can't they play a bit longer? I'm thinking it's that whole jazz genre thing with 75-minute sets all over the place. I know if I'm going to travel to see a band, and pay good cash, I'd like several hours of music. I know you have no control over the set length Marky and that it's just a contract thing, but I used to bitch to Derek Trucks and his agency about this all the time. As much as I love them, I've pretty much stopped travelling to see them based on the short set I get after travelling a couple hours there and back to see them.

But regardless, it was a fabulous night of music, and the early finish allowed me a chance to get over to the BNB show for a couple songs and some quick hellos, so it was all good ::

And hey, great to meet you TimmyB - hope you had a good show...setlist please? - and Willy and Leanne - great to see your smiling faces!

Great show!!! Good heavy funkin' acid jazz!

It did end a little early though. What was the band saying out the crowd being rude to them? It seemed like they were trying to tell a story but people in the crowd kept yelling song titles. Did they get annoyed with us and wind up early?

The Opera House can be an alright venue sometimes, I just wish the balcony had been open last night. That's the best spot in the whole room.

Where were the tapers?! :( That would have been a nice show to have. I hear that Soulive wants to be doing to shows on demand thing like some of the other bands. Do they not allow taping anymore?

Hey I'm going to be doing a review on this website so I'm not going to get into it right now too much.

It was great to meet you last night Mulemomma.

I had a great time and the set ran for ninety-three minutes. It started at 10:57pm and ended at 12:31am.

Here's the setlist:

1. Intro

2. Aladdin

3. Kraz Fast

4. One In Seven

5. J-Live

6. Cannonball

7. Azucar

8. Jesus Children of America/If You Want Me To Stay

9. Break Out

10. Crosstown Traffic

11. Spanish Joint (Changed from Tuesday Night Squad)

Encore: 12. Do It Again