Jambands.ca

guitar players and would-be players...

Mr. Musicface

Hey gang!

Before he passed away in April, my friend Matt Osborne put together the INCREDIBLY extensive "Matt's Marvellous Method for Guitar" book and tape series as a present for his lady-friend Kimberly. Since Matt's passing, Kimberly has gone to a tonne of work to make Matt's original material into a very impressive package, including a 60-page book and 5 CDs of Matt playing and talking.

I've just updated the Matt website with info on the guitar method, including a PDF sample from a number of chapters and ordering information. I'd HIGHLY recommend checking this out if you're interested in learning guitar.

http://musicface.com/matt/guitarmethod.html

From having seen the complete book and heard a chunk of the audio myself, I'd say anyone from beginner to intermediate guitarist could definitely benefit from this package. And even advanced players could probably pick up a thing or two from the later chapters. Matt's style of writing and teaching was informal and filled with humour but still amazingly professional (much like the guy himself). This is really different from a traditional music lesson book.

All of the proceeds from sale of the method will go to the Matt Osborne Musicians Trust Fund, a fund set up in Matt's honour to support aspiring musicians.

Peace,

Mr. M.