Jambands.ca

Reminder: The Beatles remain the best band ever.

MarcO

WOW--relentless dodgy fu©king buggers--the whole lot of ya!!! First, the quote by Harrison at his visit to Ashbury--throw it out the fu©kin window!! its an anthology!! which = enough said! and Sgt. Pepper recording--psychedelic songs were recorded in 67. After the Dead were playing acid tests.

The grateful dead are this world's gratest rock and roll band... you give me ten reasons why its the Beatles, and I will give you ten reasons why its the Dead---throw it down mofos! :: ::

WOW--relentless dodgy fu©king buggers--the whole lot of ya!!! First, the quote by Harrison at his visit to Ashbury--throw it out the fu©kin window!! its an anthology!! which = enough said! and Sgt. Pepper recording--psychedelic songs were recorded in 67. After the Dead were playing acid tests.

Good grief!!

Your ignorance of the concepts of both time and logic is astounding.

There's absolutlely no relationship between the Grateful Dead playing the Acid Tests and the Beatles taking LSD... They didn't make the acid and give it to the Beatles. The Beatles didn't attend the Acid Tests. And every Deadhead would know about it if The Beatles had attended a Dead show and been influenced by it.

Oh, and as already shown, The Beatles were doing acid before the Acid Tests were held.

Your basic assertion is that the Grateful Dead, by playing background music at a big party where everyone was taking LSD, somehow caused The Beatles to record Sgt. Peppers. There's no cause-and-effect relationship there. The Acid Tests would have happened with or without the Grateful Dead - it was the LSD that was significant, not the music; and LSD was ingested by The Beatles before that happened, anyway. All you are saying is that 1965 came before 1967, which is fairly obvious, but you seem happy to ignore the fact that spring of 1965 came before November of 1965.

Also, Anthology is the title of a 368-page book which, among other things, has hundreds of quotations from Beatles members. It's not an anthology of a bunch of sentences strung together to make them look like quotations. So... please explain why a quotation from a book that is made up of direct quotations of statements made by members of The Beatles is irrelevant again? Because of its title?

Of course, you're still entitled to think that the Grateful Dead were the "gratest" band ever, but you really must stop talking silliness about the Dead influencing The Beatles. You're being completely illogical.

::

I'm just stirring up sh!t eh?? and there is no way any human being can convince me that the Dead is not the gratest band ever!! :: ::--I realize my argument is illogical... however, I have enjoyed all of your responses... both bands have changed the landscape of music, and I don't think you can really attempt to compare or argue that one band is better than the other, it is all opinion.... My comment about the anthology is in regard to the fact that I wonder what was the context of the quote?

Many of the arguments that claiming that the Beatles are the greatest band are just as ridiculous or as you say "illogical" as anything I said... its a matter of opinion. The influence the Dead has had goes far beyond the music, it has created a culture, within a culture... The music and creativity of the Beatles, and their influence on music will stand the test of time... However, their influence on culture did not... The culture that the Grateful "literally" hatched (I like to think of them as the "chicken") has transcened three generations... They have and are a major influence on politics, music, and culture... I don't think any Rock and roll band has left that kind of mark.. at least not in the way that I perceive this debate. However, I am sure this opinion will be mauled and slashed by all you Beatlelovindodgywankers... ::

p.s. no disrespect intended here either--I am just in love with the Dead.

We Can Work It Out

Try to see it my way,

Do I have to keep on talking till I can't go on?

While you see it your way,

Run the risk of knowing that our love may soon be gone.

We can work it out,

We can work it out.

Think of what you're saying.

You can get it wrong and still you think that it's alright.

Think of what I'm saying,

We can work it out and get it straight, or say good night.

We can work it out,

We can work it out.

Life is very short, and there's no time

For fussing and fighting, my friend.

I have always thought that it's a crime,

So I will ask you once again.

Try to see it my way,

Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.

While you see it your way

There's a chance that we may fall apart before too long.

We can work it out,

We can work it out.

Life is very short, and there's no time

For fussing and fighting, my friend.

I have always thought that it's a crime,

So I will ask you once again.

Try to see it my way,

Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.

While you see it your way

There's a chance that we may fall apart before too long.

We can work it out,

We can work it out.

Ps_wecan.jpg

Guigsy brings up a good point...

hah, thanks, i think thats the first its ever been said about me on this board. hahaha.

Zappa stomps on all four Beatles unconditionally.

i remember reading somewhere, mccartney saying that freak out had an impact on sgt. peppers...

i fu©kin' love zappa.. now there's an influence that often goes unnoticed, or rather, untalked (?) about.