Jambands.ca

Roll Call... Xavier Rudd Wed Sept 29th Horseshoe

PassedOutGuy

I would certainly recommend that anyone who can make it to this show please do. We saw hime once at Bonnaroo and in the 40 degree heat I was simultaneously shivering with tears welling up in my eyes. It isn't very often that I react to a performance this way. I think that he made a big impression on the crowd as I read in Relix that he sold more CDs there than any other artist including the Dead, Trey, Dave Matthews etc.

See ya there,

Cary

I'll be there. I saw him in Buffalo early in the summer, at the moe./galactic/nero show, and he was amazing. I don't think the show will sell out, but i'm not sure - i'm not going to buy a ticket in advance (after all the ticketmaster surcharges it's even more expensive than the price at the door), but I'll probably head down to the show earlier than i normally would, just in case.

I don't think the show will sell out, but i'm not sure - i'm not going to buy a ticket in advance (after all the ticketmaster surcharges it's even more expensive than the price at the door), but I'll probably head down to the show earlier than i normally would, just in case.

Actually, my friend went to the horseshoe last night and tried to buy tix, she was informed that the show had already sold out and that there were still a few tickets available at rotate this.. so we got tix last night, not so sure about getting them at the door if that is what the venue already told us. I still find it hard to believe, but then again, you can't really predict when people will turn out in toronto these days!

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow!!!

what a phenomenal show!

xavier rudd kicked a lot of ass last night.

the shoe was, as can be the case, crazy packed, so not a whole lotta room, but a great gig.

donbt really know a lot of song titles, but "a 4th world" was great, as was "GBA".

if the chance presents itself, im there already, the next time hes in town.

Sari- thanks for theeffort to make sure i got a ticket, i'll getcha back tonight at mark wilson &twii/wiser.

I don't think I have ever seen the horseshoe as packed as it was last night. It was crazy. He played one long set (I'm guessing about 2 hrs) and then a pretty long encore. The crowd was really into it - there wasn't any room to dance, and everyone seemed to be trying to get closer to the stage to get a better look (there's some poles in inconvenient places in there). It might be nice to see him at a bigger venue again - maybe somewhere the size of the opera house - there would be a lot more room to breathe.

I thought the show was just okay. A lot of that has to do with the environment - I hate the Horsepoo like poison and I would've liked to have been able to actually SEE what Mr. Rudd was doing with all those instruments.

I was really shocked with the turnout - the place was packed, there was a line BEFORE the doors opened, and before the opening act was over people were being turned away.

As for the performance, there were highs and lows for me, most lows being related to many of the songs sounding so similar. I would probably see him again, but NOT at the Horsepoo (I end up saying that about every show there).

It was nice to meet some skanks I have not met before, Max Webster and Marky particularly, and hanging out with some great friends was a definite plus.

Enjoy the Ottawa show - I am looking forward to hearing other people's opinions.

And Brad, there was a taper there, but nobody from "our" scene seemed to know who he was.