Jambands.ca

JSB/ GTB- Wednesday @ Barrymores!

gentlemonkey

I believe it's $10 at the door (which is actually cheaper than an advance ticket, as you have get them through TicketMaster, which adds $2.25 to the $8 advance price :: ). I know the Toronto show is listed as GTB at 10:15pm and JSB at midnight, so I'm guessing Ottawa will be similar. I plan to get there between 8:30pm and 9:00pm to give me time to get set up in a prime location.

Aloha,

Brad

If you go to the Alloha(?) room you can purchase tickets for $8.00!

See you all there!

I tried that last week (before the Xavier Rudd show), and the lady behind the bar at The Aloha Room checked and said they were only available via TM. It's possible she was wrong, but I managed to get to the TM outlet on Kent before it closed Friday and picked one up from TM.

Aloha,

Brad

thoughts?

i'm not sure... GTB was reminding me of treble charger, kind of heavy pop-ish rock? is that how they always sound? all i kept thinking was, 'man, i think i'm getting old.' hahah... they were just too loud and almost angry sounding for me. i didn't enjoy it all that much, oh well. they are still a bunch of cuties.

and then jimmy swift, i liked the song they opened with and in general liked them better, once i stopped standing in front of the speakers so i wasn't getting completely jarred out of my shoes. i liked that they were easier to dance to, just more listener friendly IMHO. and now i see what you mean velvet, if ya read this, about the big rock star stadium act thing... that lead dude really can't cut his hair or he just won't have the same effect when he does that spastic head jerking. come to think of it, the keyboard player also has the signature head bounce, it makes me uncomfortable to watch, it just looks like it hurts.

anyway. that was weak [i mean me]. i look forward to seeing what other people thought. barrymore's was great, awesome venue and of course fun to see some faces, good turnout for a wednesday. i drank way too much for a schoolnight. and thanks 40 main for the pre-show hospitality. you may be able to tell from these short and flat sentences that i'm just trying to collect myself in order to tackle the monkeys today... ahhh this is a terrible post, my apologies. good day. :)

for me, the bus has been like that episode of Seinfeld "A Two Face" where he has a girlfriend he thinks is beautiful one day then ugly the next... been a little hit and miss for me... didn't really enjoy them opening for The Slip in Montreal but the last hamilton show (months after that) I really enjoyed a lot

hopefully we get the beautiful girlfriend show tomorrow night :)

thankya for the write up meggo

hah... thank YOU for not chastising me. could i be more vague? i dunno, i guess i just don't have too much to say about the whole thing except i really enjoyed the friends more than the show, not a bad thing by any means. and i agree with you, i remember that seinfeld episode... i have seen some bus shows where i've had a blast, and others not so much. maybe cause it was such a big place, they felt the need to make a big sound. ah well! i will for sure see them again.

oh i just thought of one! last year around this time when they played at elements, remember guigs and c. beats, THAT was a super fun show, funky funky, and i danced my ass off. so there ya go. enough of my blathering.

WOW!! I still can't hear this morning, and my body's still shaking from the bass!!!

I drank too much for a weeknight! But had a blast!

I really enjoyed GTB!! JSB was good too (but I didn't get to catch the end). (Meggo I noticed you weren't shake'n it like you usually do...maybe just an off night). It was great to see everyone out! And I missed those of you that didn't make it!

Now I just have to make it through the day and pray my hearing comes back.

i think yer right, sunshiney. combination of drinking too much and being preoccupied with having to go home early. i haaaaaaate going home early!!! now, NEXT weekend.... things will be different ;)

PS good luck at work! my first monkeys were their usual demonic selves [just 4 or 5 of them but it taints the class] but my second monkeys were wonderful, i wanted to give them all hugs as they left. anyway - do you need a coffee delivery? i can stop by with some dirty starbucks if you want, i'm chillin like bobby dylan til 3 or so :)