Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo Boohoo!!!

Irie Guy

Well kids I am sure a lot of you saw the Bonnaroo Grids that I hosted. I received a phone call today, from parties which will go umentioned at this time, and was asked to remove them ASAP. First off they wanted to know where I got the information and secondly I was told that I was breaching Intellectual Property. Bullshit I say. What can you do, not wanting to get sued or hacked i decided to remove them.

Who thought a bunch of phriendly people could be so unphriendly.

Matt

If you feel like reading...

I don't think events at times of the day can be considered intellectual property. Yeesh

Now, if you were retyping text from a review/article, their arguement might be of concern.

One thing to note too, is that the information was contained in a graphic, and you weren't even copying the graphic, just rerepresenting the information in textual form.

Where'd Bonnaroo's site go anyway?

Have to speak up on this one. I'm in training to be a lawyer... who knows whether I'll make it... but I have to say that without knowing too much on the topic, it probably is intellectual property, although maybe only in the US not in Canada, but then it would become a conflict of laws issue, and I have no idea which jurisdiction would come out on top.

My roommate works for Smart & Biggar, the IP firm that Harvard hired to try and patant their mouse in Canada. The Supreme court said no, but in the US it was patantable.

So anyways, I'm rambling. But I wouldn't test the water with this one...

Oh and as for WIPO, does it apply in Canada?

It's your call. I'll give them to ya. I am now trying to analyze my logfile from yesterday 20MB for one day zoinks!!!!! Unfortunately my Webtrends doesn't update automatically everyday. I tried opening the file in Excel. HA. It wouldn't open more than 56000 lines. I'll let you guys know what I find out should be interesting. Could be a record day. I should have put some sort of pay per view banner ad on my site.

Archived