Jambands.ca

US 2004 election thread

bouche

JUST IN from the drudgereport.com:

KERRY CAMPAIGN FINDS COMFORT IN FIRST BATCH OF EXIT POLLS

Election 2004 has been rocked with first wave of exit polls which show Kerry competitive in key states, campaign and media sources tell DRUDGE.... National Election Pool -- representing six major news organization -- show Kerry in striking distance in Florida and Ohio.. MORE...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marijuana initiatives!

Voters in Alaska will decide on Tuesday whether to make their state the first in the country to legalize the sale, possession or use of marijuana by adults.

Alaska's initiative is one of three marijuana questions on ballots across the country. In Oregon, voters are being asked to expand allowable medical marijuana use, and voters in Montana will decide whether to become the 10th state to legalize its medical use.

Now, if Supporters Can Just Remember to Vote

go to this website and buy this dvd (unless you can rent it somewhere, and i don't think you can - it cost less than $20 with u.s. exchange and shipping)

www.outfoxed.org

my sister's friend brought it up from boston over thanksgiving weekend and we all watched it. i bought it online the next day and it just arrived today (fitting it would show up on november 2)

it's an expose on the entire fox news organization and it's pretty frightening. their viewership is much bigger than cnn's in the states and they blatantly push a right wing conservative view. after watching this documentary, i honestly believe that if fox news didn't exist, this race would be nowhere near as close as it is.

i'm sorry but i kept getting smirky when they were saying "dixville notch" on the radio this morning... think i've been hanging out with 15 year olds too long.. anyway -

i don't know if someone else posted this, but i also heard on CBC a minute ago that tens of thousands of absentee ballots in florida [of all places!]- and possibly elsewhere, i didn't hear - went "mysteriously missing." mysterious, my ass. they were supposed to get mailed out 2 weeks ago; luckily, they arrived today by courier, hopefully all of them. jebus.

Mike's still trying - this just popped into my in box...

Friends,

We’ve only got two hours left on the East Coast! I am in Cleveland and the turnout is huge. It was the same this morning as we went to polling sites in Florida. People waited for three hours to vote, but no one was deterred. One man told me "I’d wait in this line three days if I had to." It’s raining here in Ohio, we’ve got a big bus and we’re pulling people out of their homes (gently!) handing out free umbrellas, ponchos, and bottles of water (the last item being slightly unnecessary, considering how soaked all of us already are!). I’ve been getting early tracking results from across the country and things are looking good -- very good. But anything can happen in the last few hours. People are just getting out of work. The lines are going to be enormous. Tell everyone you know -- as long as you are IN LINE before the closing time, they HAVE TO let you vote.

Early word has it that it is very tight in Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, and Iowa! Michigan -- don’t let me down! If you haven’t voted, stop reading this and get down to the polls. Keep calling and e-mailing your address book.

This is it. The homestretch. Let’s do it!

Yours,

Michael Moore

www.michaelmoore.com

MMFlint@aol.com