Jambands.ca

US 2004 election thread

bouche

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was just talking to DaveyBoy on the phone, and he started saying "Shut the fu©k up!"

If you know DaveyBoy, than you know to shut the fu©k up.

Apparently he wrote a letter to CBC saying pretty much the same thing he said on here, but obviously not word for word, and they read it live:

"Bush has scared the hell outta me from the get-go. I've been as anti-Bush as anyone I know.

But I'm not quiiiiiite so sure anymore. I have come to think that perhaps it would be best if Bush were to stay in power, to continue his quest to win the war. Perhaps a win for Kerry would mean the drawing in of other nations to help solve the problems created by Bush- he started this and the last thing I want is to see other nations' troops drawn into the mess. There's an argument to be made that the war is stemming the Republicans' vision of Manifest Destiny and hopefully Bush's next four years would be devoted to cleaning up a messy situation and not moving on to the next target. Also I can't help but feel that the reason the Iraqis are being so defiant has something to do with their hatred for Bush.

Perhaps I'm just trying to assure myself that whatever happens things'll be alright- hell, I'll be cracking the champale if Kerry pulls it off... "

This is too funny. This is what these websites are saying right now (remember its 270 to win):

CNN:

Bush - 249

Kerry - 200

CBC:

Bush - 249

Kerry - 220

BBC:

Bush - 249

Kerry - 217

Fox news:

Bush - 269

Kerry - 211

Umm...

My friends and I were checking the stats from various sites, and figured we'd get a laugh out of checking fox news. As the page is loading, we were joking that it would say Bush had already won...