Jambands.ca

What the Republicans think the day after...

h

http://www.adamyoshida.com

What a Nut...

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Four More Years! AKA: Take That, You Sons of Bitches

So, George W. Bush won. And he’s done so by a solid margin. The Democrats’ attempted coup managed to last all of eight hours. Not only is the President the first candidate to win a majority of the vote in a Presidential Election since 1988, but he also won more popular votes than any other candidate in history. The Democrats spent months telling us that high voter turnout would equal a win for them but, as it turns out, when 60% of the electorate showed up at the polls it translated into a Bush lead of nearly four million votes. In short: take that, you sons of bitches.

The Democrats are now talking about how this is a signal that Bush should “bring the country together”. Translated into American, this means “now that you’ve won, you should surrender to us.” The hell with that. We’ve won. Winning means not having to say you’re sorry. Bush already brought a majority of Americans together: they voted for him. He doesn’t need to reach out to them: they need to reach out to him.

If anyone needs to work to “bring the country together” it’s those on the left who have divided it so badly. Those who sought to destroy this great man should get down upon their knees and beg the victors for mercy. And maybe, just maybe, we’ll let a few of them linger on for the simple reason that they amuse us. My life’s goal is to see the Democratic Party virtually obliterated and left as a rump of people like Stephanie Herseth who both mostly agree with us anyways and are easy on the eyes.

That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women.

Let’s face a hard truth: this was the bitterest Presidential campaign in living memory. The Democrats and their allies staked everything on the defeat of this President. All of the resources they had accumulated over a generation of struggle were thrown into this battle: and they have failed. Despite all of their tricks, despite all of their lies, the people have rejected them. They mean nothing. They are worth nothing. There’s no point in trying to reach out to them because they won’t be reached out to. We’ve got their teeth clutching the sidewalk and out boot above their head. Now’s the time to curb-stomp the bastards.

The first obvious major fight is going to be over the confirmation of the next Chief Justice of the United States and probably a new Associate Justice as well. The reason for saying this should be obvious: William Rehnquist is an ill man and, I think, the obvious candidate to replace him is none other than Clarence Thomas who would be, of course, the first black Chief Justice but who would also, much more importantly, be the most conservative one in living memory. His seat could then be given to another solid conservative and then, once Stevens, Ginsberg, or O’Conner goes, we can get a real conservative majority on the court: and keep it for a decade or more.

It’s worth stepping back to think about the scale of what we have accomplished. We’ve fought back and won against the most destructive attack in the modern history of Presidential campaigns. Despite all of the books, movies, television shows: despite the seeming involvement of all of Hollywood and all of Academia, they lost. They used every trick in the book against us: and they lost. We now control the White House, the House of Representatives, the Senate, and a majority of State Governorships. The Republican Party is now, truly, the majority party in the United States.

This is a mandate. Not only for the President to carry on and win the War on Terrorism, but also to make other needed reforms. To begin: the massive landslides for the eleven state Gay Marriage amendments, even the one in Oregon, show that the Federal Marriage Amendment will carry if it proves to be needed. Better still, with these majorities, the President will have a real shot at enacting some form of entitlement reform in the coming years.

This is a decisive moment in American history. There’s no denying this fact. The nation stood at the crossroads yesterday and the people choose to go the right way. They rejected the Democrat Party and the pernicious things that those people stand for.

Michael Moore and his ilk have been rejected by the people. Treason didn’t carry the day. Forgeries and lies failed to produce the results that they wanted.

It was closer than we’d like, of course. Far too close. I still can’t believe that anyone voted for John Kerry. John Kerry was a personification of everything that’s wrong with the Democrat Party today. A traitor in his youth, he proposed policies of economic division at home and which would have brought military defeat abroad. The once-proud Democratic Party of people like Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson has been reduced to such a level as to become little better than the party of AIDS, abortion, adultery and appeasement.

But, whatever, we won: to hell with the rest of them. Those who didn’t support Bush can go and perform a certain anatomically impossible act. They lost, now they can sit in the back of the bus.

Thank God Almighty.

i got about 4 paragraphs down and had to stop reading... is their an emotion thats not quite hate, but still makes you want to boot stomp motherfuckers like that, then feed their testicles to them, knowing that because of the previous boot stomping and broken jaw that they wont be able to do anything about it anyways? fu©k.

well he is right. The left did everything they could think of to stop another 4 years of Bush. The media/hollywood/music and all other media outlets tried all tricks.

Fact of the matter is, 51% of americans are scared,ignorant,gun crazy,god loving(to a fault),gay hating,angry,selfish, un-worldly mother fu©cker!

He updated his blog yesterday:

Four More Years: Revisited

About a week ago, after several exhausting days, I wrote a piece entitled “Four More Years: AKA Take That You Sons of Bitches.” It was written in a state of rage. It was also, in my personal opinion, the least well-written and least-coherent major piece that I’ve written in quote some time. Naturally, then, it also quickly became the most read. In a week, it’s received about 50,000 views and climbing. It seems certain to me that more people have read it than would have if I’d managed to have it published in any average big-city newspaper.

Combining these two features (my feelings about the inadequacies of the essay and its higher readership) I decided to take it upon myself to give the same themes a second glance. In particular, it was inspired by the few individuals who, after reading the article, sent me rational e-mails which made coherent points, as opposed to tens of thousands of words worth of foul and often hypocritical abuse.

To begin, let me restate what I should have explicitly stated last week. I do not consider the present, undeniably poisoned, political environment to be a positive thing. Far from it: I consider it an utter catastrophe which has spread desolation across the land.

That being said: I don’t feel that we of the right began this. The true origins of the modern cult of Presidential destruction lie mostly in the Nixon years, when the left destroyed Richard Nixon for doing far less than the two previous (Democratic) Presidents had done. It resurfaced again in the Reagan years, when the Democrats turned one of the biggest nothing scandals in memory into a near-impeachment. The Republicans tried to replay the Democratic assault during the Clinton years, but their nerve failed at the last minute.

History is, of course, written by the victors and, as a result of that unfortunate state of affairs, we have forgotten key points about this history. First: because the Democrats wrote the history of the downfall of Richard M. Nixon, the man has been transformed into a monster whose offenses seemingly threatened democracy itself. Second: Bill Clinton has been turned into the innocent victim of a well-organized campaign to destroy him which ended only because of popular opposition. Neither of these popular images is quite true.

Richard Nixon’s actual offenses were minor. A break-in of which he had no knowledge and a half-hearted cover-up. A Democratic President, I am certain, would have fallen. Nixon fell only because of the consistent fact that a certain faction of the Republican Party, having campaigned upon their own moral righteousness, insists on actually applying those principles at politically inconvenient times. The result of this is that Republicans are more anxious to turn on their own in times of trouble, in all probability as part of a misguided effort to confirm the personal virtue of the individual.

Bill Clinton’s offenses, however, were much worse than is otherwise recalled and, had the campaign against him not been badly botched by senior Republicans, it seems certain to me, in retrospect, that he would have been removed from office. Three things of significance are now generally forgotten. First: the Republican leadership foolishly limited the inquiry to simply the Lewinsky scandal, instead of opting for a broader assault on Clinton’s record and thus allowing the Democrats to spin that the entire thing was “just about sex”. Second: the Republicans moved much too slowly, allowing the 1998 Congressional elections to intervene. Third: the Republicans hesitated and failed to publicly disclose evidence against Clinton (regarding the alleged rape of Juanita Broderick) which was damning enough to privately convince many wavering House Republicans to vote for the impeachment. Had the Republicans been a bit more clever, or the Democrats a little less sure-footed, Clinton would have been removed from office or forced to resign.

This lengthy digression has a point. The cult of Presidential destruction reached its epitome in this last campaign. Every resource at the disposal of the left was thrown into the effort to destroy this President. Every dirty trick possible was attempted. The Democrats even, on multiple occasions, resorted to real physical violence and vandalism in their effort to destroy this President.

For some reason, in my e-mail exchanges, I remembered a scene from the brilliant play/film A Man for All Seasons:

Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!

More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?

This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down (and you're just the man to do it!), do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then?

Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!

Traditional standards of decorum that existed in Presidential campaigns were there for a reason. Not so much for the sake of the other side: who is traditionally regarded, in almost any intense campaign, as a reasonable substitute for the Devil: but for the sake of your own side.

Democrats spent three decades cutting down every one of those rules through their relentless assaults on every Republican President. When, in 1998-99, the Republicans’ turn came, just enough of the traditional restraint remained to keep them from truly going in for the kill.

Having cut down all the laws, they cannot call upon their protection.

Better yet, because the Republicans control Congress, President Bush is likely to escape the trouble which dogged previous second-term Presidents. Since Nixon, every President to see a second term has faced a serious assault during their second term. Nixon and Watergate, Reagan and Iran-Contra, Clinton and Monica.

As a result, we have the chance for an unprecedented assault on the Democratic Party. We can defeat them now and here, now and forever, because we are now free to abandon traditional restraint.