Jambands.ca

Classic Albums Live in Toronto - Grateful Dead!

Basher

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey rev...

the show tonight, at the phoenix concerttheatre at 410 sherbourne, starts at 10. cover is $15 at the door.

we played the water street music hall in rochester last night and converted a room full of skeptical young deadheads into dancing, cheering true believers. you have to hear this band. china cat/rider is worth the price of admission alone.

i may end up doing jerry imitations full time.

md

Ha sweet.

Thank you Mike...I would like to make this show my only night activity, but some friends are playing a rather large show and I'd like to be there to show my support.

They won't know the difference if I show up for the encore, though :). I think I'm going to fit the Phoenix into my evening plans.

Mike it's encouraging to see that you're playing regularly again. I caught you a few times in Hamilton, most notably on a snowy night at the Winking Judge...my housemates are all older than I but you taught them all Popular Music at Mac. I'll introduce myself tonight if I see you offstage.

I can't wait to read a 3 AM posting about this show when I get to work tomorrow.

It was 4am by the time I got home...and I tried for ya, bouche, but I forgot that this board is on-again off-again in Firefox, and last night it wouldn't let me log in and I was too lazy to give it any effort.

Anyway, AWESOME show. Had a blast. The band was fantastic, and the keyboard player had a bit of an onstage epiphany during 'Lovelight'. It was his tune to sing, I think his only lead vocal of the night, and I don't know if he had been drinking or ripping bowls backstage or what, but in between verses we were treated to a slurred monologue about how he had had the most fun of his LIFE that night playing Grateful Dead for us. It was a pretty sweet moment, even though it was probably largely alcohol-fueled. But the guy saw the light. I guess he's a jobber and was just sort of playing a gig but somewhere in there it got to him. Nice to see.

The double-drummer attack was sickatating, I must say. The two gents seemed to be switching off Bill and Mickey roles, although the older guy was doing more percussive Mickey-esque stuff for most of the show. An excellent combination.

All around, the guitar (and bass!) (and keys!) playing was fantastic, and the harmonies were incredibly tight. I'd pay to see that show again any day.

• 1 month later...