Jambands.ca

motorcycle diaries

bokonon

Is it a documentary? I mean, like with archival footage and interviews and a voice-over by Donald Sutherland? I had the impression that it was more of a dramatization of real-life events rather than a documentary, but then again, I have been known to be wrong from time to time, and haven't actually watched the movie.

Plus, I'm rather stoned right now...

I saw it at Westdale a few weeks ago.. You're right Hamilton, its a dramatization of real-life events rather than an actual documentary.. I guess Guevara buffs will really enjoy seeing someone's interpretation of Che in his young 20's and how his character and beliefs began to take form in those years. I enjoyed the film but to tell you the truth I was expecting something more from it.. For some reason I was expecting to see some amazing cinematography.. Anyhoo its worth watching, but not amazing, imo.

i guess i used the term documentary a bit loosely. what i meant was that it is based on factual events from his life. i think the only "real footage" is at the end when they show his road trip companion as he looks today. i am not positive that the old guy on the screen really is him but that is what is implied.