Jambands.ca

Pot decriminalized?

\/\/illy

Aw come on now: Give Jean a break. He's not such a bad guy. [smile]

I think that plants will be the same as bud in pocket: If you've got one growing in your window, that's personal. If you've got 60 of them growing in your basement, being sprayed with CO2, under hundreds of grow lights, with an army of 16-year olds trimming, that's distribution.

in the past few months (i know it may be a ploy considering his upcoming departure but...)

J.C. has made me proud to be a canadian

his stand against the war and standing up to bush jr really made me admire him and this move to decrim pot should be appluaded throughout the land!!!

this will really piss off the bush admin! [big Grin]

the speech was pretty funny..he announced the decrim thing, people were hooting and hollering, so he went off text and said all that stuff about "don't light up yet"...pretty funny...

The Bill should appear any day, I believe the amount for personal use/posession is the only mystery, best case scenario 30 grams, worst case 10.

"Mr. Balls?" Man, if Chretien decides to form a jamband when he's gone, he should call it that.

With this move to decriminalize (officially finally), I think this leaves the U.S. as the only country in the G7 that criminalizes possession of small amounts of weed. Look for an invasion of Canada before the 2004 election, where Bush promises to liberate us from the foul weed that has ruined the lives of so many innocent Canadian youth.

Man, Bush seemed like a fun guy when he was snorting all that coke, and then he had to ruin things by finding Jesus again, after he drowned him in all that booze he was chuggin.

way to go jean *insert clapping smiley dude*

thats really good news,, i think it truely is a better system to not throw kids in jail for small amounts of pot, like keller said, make room in jail for the killers

its a plant,, but it cant,, grow freely

unless u live in canada wooooooooooooooooo

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

although frustrated he waited until the end of his mandate to start leaning back to the left a bit.

Even though he waited to the end, he still did it! And I doubt he could have done it any other way. Jean has done more for the movement than any other PM.

I think his original plan was to leave his legacy by planning aid for Africa, bu that didn't work out as well as he had planned - so he does this instead. He WILL be remebered!

quote:

Asked for evidence that the U.S. approach to drugs is effective or better than other approaches, Murray said it's difficult to compare countries because they have different demographic make-ups and cultures that affect drug use.

He admitted that statistics show drug use in Holland, which has decriminalized marijuana, is about the same as in the U.S., which aggressively tries to eliminate its use, but said the more telling statistic is how low the drug-use rate was in Holland before it liberalized its drug laws.

A study in the British Medical Journal in September 2000 indicated that marijuana use among Dutch youth has fallen in recent years. Statistics from the late 1990s show 33 per cent of people in the U.S. over 12 have used marijuana, compared to 16 per cent in Holland. The percentage of heroin addicts in the United States is about triple that of the Netherlands.

Several city councillors from the region were invited to hear Murray's talk and to meet with him privately, including Surrey Councillor Dianne Watts and Vancouver councillors Jim Green and Raymond Louie.

Police, including Vancouver Inspector Bob Rich, were also invited to a separate private session.

Green said he was disappointed by the superficiality of Murray's speech.

"I don't believe I learned anything. It was ideological," said Green, adding Murray was more critical of Vancouver's plans for an injection site in the private session with councillors than he was in the media session. But Green said Murray didn't present any real evidence about what the problems would be.

"I just really was unimpressed with the lack of depth and the lack of analysis."

Canada.com article

Archived