Jambands.ca

Reflection on the current situation in America

Steve from Cleveland

Hey guys... After being in Canada at the schoolhouse this past weekend, and talking to many of you about many different things, I thought that you guys would get a kick out of this quote that I stumbled across in my Social, Legal & Political philosophy research...

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Like I said, I'm sure more than a few of you will get a kick out of this... :D

I hope he doesn't come here ever ,there was a post with a link about war crimes and the laws in our country and their definition.It was clear that G.W. is , as commander and chief due to be arrested upon entering our country.This is in regards to a recent law in our country.So to avoid all the B.S. he should just stay away.Some of us, know that laws are not always applied fairly but if the Prez comes here and is not charged then maybe the rest of us north of the border might start thinking that none of our laws apply to any of us , and we can't have that.

as far as the Prez having his ear to the ground and connected to his public I would have to say he doesn't have a clue.

No that doesn't fit ,the Prez is dumb like a fox ,he does have a clue , he just doesn't care as long as his pals can continue to line their pockets at the average tax payers expense.

I hope he doesn't come here ever ,there was a post with a link about war crimes and the laws in our country and their definition.It was clear that G.W. is , as commander and chief due to be arrested upon entering our country.

Yeah, but the article also said that you are immune if you are a visiting head of state. In other wordds, Bush would have to come here in some sort of private-individual capacity, not as the sitting president, before he could be arrested and charged in Canada... so let's hope he goes fishing in Muskoka 4 1/2 years from now.

I belive they call that a "plea bargain" ;)

Ariel Sharon has actually BEEN charged if I'm not mistaken, but nobody's done sh!t about him either. Besides, Americans don't respect international authority over their legal futures. They claim that the hague is not fit to try their citizens, I suppose because they think they deserve to be above all the rest of us. I mean, sh!t, they don't even convict known murderers there (eg; Orinthal James), let alone people who have actually never done any violence, even when they were in the military. :)