Jambands.ca

The Tragically Hip during Grey Cup Half Time Show

TimmyB

I thought the Tragically Hip just put on an amazing performance at the half time show at the Grey Cup in Ottawa.

They have lost me a little bit more each time they've released an album sing "Day for Night" a decade ago.

Though I have seen them several times since. The last time I witnessed them was to bring in the New Year at Copps Coliseum a couple of years ago. It was a great show and I remember enjoying it so much because they performed so many old songs.

I have yet to pick up their newest effort "In Between Evolution" but if that opening song they performed at the Grey Cup today is any indication of what this album is like I just might get it soon. What was the name of that song?

"Courage" was great as well.

if passion is another word for screaming and not signing then yeah he sang with passion all right. buddy needs to do some standup poetry or something cause his singing is brutal. I appreciate he's probably gets tired of singing the same songs and wants to mix it up with the rants and what not but i thought he sounded awful. i don't know. one of the worst shows i've seen was a hip show. they also put on one of the best shows i've ever seen.

if passion is another word for screaming and not signing then yeah he sang with passion all right. buddy needs to do some standup poetry or something cause his singing is brutal. I appreciate he's probably gets tired of singing the same songs and wants to mix it up with the rants and what not but i thought he sounded awful.

That's BS. He's a very skilled and talented singer, who also mixes in his own style of spoken word improvisation. Look at his face when he sings. Who else in popular music feels their music so deeply?

I think you are on crack saying he is not a talented singer. If you compare him to Jeck Buckley then I see your point, but Gord has his own style that suits him just fine.

The hip put on a great performance last night. I too think their earlier stuff is more enjoyable, but I would never trash a band that had such a huge part of my adolesence.